"The Powderhorn Trail": Green Arrow finds drugs in the trunk of Dinah Lance's stolen car on the ferry from Seattle to Anchorage, Alaska. He tests to see if the drugs are cocaine by tasting them, and he concludes th
- Look, this isn't exactly my idea of a fun way to spend a vacation.
Synopsis for "The Powderhorn Trail"
Green Arrow finds drugs in the trunk of Dinah Lance's stolen car on the ferry from Seattle to Anchorage, Alaska. He tests to see if the drugs are cocaine by tasting them, and he concludes that it is not cocaine, but they do taste awful. He takes a sample hides in the trunk to find out where it is going.
After the car gets to its destination, Oliver steals his way out of the trunk and finds himself in a garage. Members of the Chinese Tong give the stolen cars new paint-jobs, so that they're no longer recognizable. They paint Dinah's yellow. Oliver climbs to the roof and goes follows one of the Tong members to a casino, where the apparent boss of the operation indicates that the drugs will be shipping the next day with the help of a man named Quinn.
Green Arrow goes to the local police to tell them about the drugs and their location. The police test the drugs to determine what they are, and the Seattle police raid the Handee Wash's car smuggling operation. Meanwhile, Oliver and the Anchorage police raid the garage, and capture one of the Tong members, just as the Iditarod Dog Sled Race begins.
After the raid, Oliver catches the end of the race, and notices that one of the Race's contestants is named Quinn. Somewhere, Quinn runs his dog sled off the race's path and meets with a helicopter to transfer the drugs, Oliver and U.S. Customs agents stop the dog sled and the drug deal. As it turns out, the drugs were actually powdered rhinoceros horn - a reputed aphrodisiac. Since there is no one around to take the dogs back, Oliver commandeers the sled and finishes the race.
Appearing in "The Powderhorn Trail"
- Tong Syndicate
- Mister Wang
- Tom lane
- U.S. Customs Service
- Mr. Simonsen
- Dinah Lance's Car
- This issue is suggested for mature readers.
- Green Arrow Recommended Reading
- More Fun Comics (Volume 1): More Fun Comics #73–107
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1): Adventure Comics #246–269
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1): Detective Comics #521–567
- Green Lantern (Volume 2): Green Lantern (Volume 2) #76–124
- The Flash (Volume 1): The Flash #217–219
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: Year One (Volume 1)
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)