"The Curse of the Alpha-Lantern (Part I)": Alpha Lantern Boodikka is sent to Sector 2937 to determine why Green Lantern Harvid has failed to apprehend the Sinestro Corps member Haasp. They get into a fight with a contingent of [[Manhunters (
- Please, Boodikka. We've just lost Ke'Haan and Jack Chance. Have we lost both you and Laira as well?
- -- Tomar-Tu
Appearing in "The Curse of the Alpha-Lantern (Part I)"
- Green Lantern Corps
- Alpha-Lantern Corps
- Kronin (Single appearance) (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern Corps
- Blood-Sisters of Bellatrix
- Curl (Single appearance)
- Guck (Single appearance)
- Bellatrixian Sky Bombers
Synopsis for "The Curse of the Alpha-Lantern (Part I)"
Alpha Lantern Boodikka is sent to Sector 2937 to determine why Green Lantern Harvid has failed to apprehend the Sinestro Corps member Haasp. They get into a fight with a contingent of Manhunters, and Boodikka uses her new Alpha Lantern technology to deprogram them. She questions Harvid who confesses that apprehending Haasp has proven difficult for him because he is his brother. Boodikka warns him that if she feels his loyalty to the Corps is in question, she will have him suspended.
Boodikka returns to Oa and the Guardians have a new mission for her. Tomar-Tu is concerned over the radical changes that have affected these new Alpha Lanterns. Graf Toren tells him the story of how Boodikka first became a Green Lantern. She was once a valued member of the Blood-Sisters of Bellatrix. The Blood-Sisters defended their homeworld against space-faring pirates such as Kronin. As time went on however, Boodikka felt that the actions of her sisterhood had grown too mercenary and that they had lost sight of their true calling. To that end, she left her planet to join the Green Lantern Corps.
In the central meeting room, the Guardians give Boodikka new instructions. She is to investigate a string of disappearing starships last seen in Sector 1414. The Green Lantern of the sector has failed to report in. Boodikka flies to 1414 and lands on Bellatrix. She finds that the new Green Lantern of Sector 1414 is Zale - one of her sisters from Bellatrix. The reunion is bittersweet as Zale reminds Boodikka that she was to never return to her home planet after abandoning the Blood-Sisters.
- This book was first published on February 13, 2008.
- Cover artist Nelson DeCastro is credited only as "Nelson" in this issue.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Corps Vol 2 21 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern Corps series
- Images from Green Lantern Corps Vol 2 21
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Green Lantern Corps at Wikipedia
- Green Lantern Corps series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Green Lantern Corps series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Green Lantern Corps Quarterly series index at Comicbookdb.com