"The Duel of the Super-Heroes!": Iris West has been assigned to interview Hal Jordan in Coast City and is taking her boyfriend Barry Allen (aka the Flash) along with her. While in space, Hal -- as Green Lantern -- is hurrying to Earth to be in time for a date with [[Carol Ferris]
Appearing in "The Duel of the Super-Heroes!"
- Chi-Vam (Single appearance)
- Gi-Dor (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Duel of the Super-Heroes!"
Iris West has been assigned to interview Hal Jordan in Coast City and is taking her boyfriend Barry Allen (aka the Flash) along with her. While in space, Hal -- as Green Lantern -- is hurrying to Earth to be in time for a date with Carol Ferris, however he suddenly finds him on a strange world and bangs his head. Regaining conciousness, he learns from two beings that he is on the world of the Spectrans, a species that live on a world that is a minor vibrational difference with Earth, but occupying the same space. Allowing Hal to leave, it turns out that the Spectran's are plotting to take over the Earth and plan to use the Green Lantern to capture the Flash, so that they can learn the secret to super-speed.
Returning to Earth, Hal recharges his power ring before Pieface, who notices that Hal is acting strange and that he's said the Green Lantern's oath wrong. Later after the interview with Iris, Hal, Barry, Iris, Carol, Pieface and Terga all enjoy the beach. There, Pieface tells Barry of his worries that Hal is acting strangely. Following Hal, Barry witnesses Hal change into the Green Lantern. Changing into the Flash himself, Barry overhears Green Lantern taking orders from the Spectrans over his power ring who tell him to capture the Flash.
The two heroes eventually clash but Barry manages to slip away from Hal and change back into his civilian guise to figure out what to do next. When Green Lantern starts causing disasters to smoke the Flash out, Barry has no choice but to get involved as the Flash. Green Lantern uses his power ring to change the Flash's body proportions so that he cannot use his speed powers and captures him.
After droping the Flash off to be examined by the Spectrans, Green Lantern returns to Earth. When Pieface asks him about Barry Allen, Hal suddeny realizes he can't remember anything since he finshed his mission in space. Using his power ring to probe his mind and learn the truth, Hal rushes to the Spectran's world as Green Lantern. Freeing the Flash, the two heroes work togeather to smash the Spectran's weapons and return home to Earth. Deciding to trust each other with their true identities, changing back into Hal Jordan and Barry Allen, the two cover for each others absences to Carol and Iris who scold both men for wandering off without telling them where they had gone.
- This issue is reprinted in Flash #232, Green Lantern Annual #1, The Green Lantern Archives Vol. 2, Showcase Presents: Green Lantern Vol. 1, and The Green Lantern Chronicles Vol. 3.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 13 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes