"Mind Over Magnetism": Doctor Polaris has trapped Green Lantern at the North Pole, stolen his power ring and traveled to Los Angeles where he combines the ring's power and his own magentic powers into enthralling the population into min
Appearing in "Mind Over Magnetism"
- Abin Sur (Flashback only)
- Guardians of the Universe (Flashback only)
- Harry (Police Officer)
- Joey Bolton (Police Officer)
- Susan (Ferris Aircraft employee)
- Unnamed National Geographic Scientists
- Various unnamed Los Angeles residents
- New York City
- North Pole
- Washington, D.C.
- Abin Sur's Starship (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Mind Over Magnetism"
Doctor Polaris has trapped Green Lantern at the North Pole, stolen his power ring and traveled to Los Angeles where he combines the ring's power and his own magentic powers into enthralling the population into mindless zombies. With each person he affects, he grows stronger and manages to fight off an attack by several military vehicles. At the North Pole, Green Lantern manages to free himself from the restraining device he had been trapped in and begins a long journey towards civilization. He manages to catch a fish, fend off a polar bear (during which he falls into the freezing waters) and a wolf, become snow blind and still stumble upon a scientific expedition which takes him to safety. In New York City, Carol Ferris is kidnapped. The government cancels their contract with Ferris Aircraft which will put it out of business. Shortly afterwards Ferris Aircraft's location is bombed. Tom Kalmaku contemplates suicide when he is found by a still-blind Hal Jordan who needs his help.
Appearing in "Earth-Ground"
- Various unnamed Rannians
- Gron (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Earth-Ground"
Last issue Adam Strange managed to sneak into Kaskor's secret headquarters and overheard his invasion plans. Kaskor tortures Adam with his Molecular Disruptor but Adam refuses to talk. Kaskor realizes he needs to leave to start the invasion and leaves Adam in the hands of Alva Xar to continue the torture. Alva reveals that the Disruptor was jury-rigged from Adam's Zeta-transmitter. Adam realizes the way to escape is to goad Alva into accelerating the machine so it overloads the circuitry. As the machinery starts to break down, Adam convinces Alva that the machine will explode and kill them both if he doesn't shut down the power. Alva does so freeing Adam who defeats Alva and storms the awaiting guards screaming like a madman which scares them off. Adam heads into some catacombs which lead him to a secret compartment where he keeps his extra equipment. He finds his Jet Pack just as the places begins to explode. Adam discovers that every exit has been sealed but, just as the base is about to explode, Adam's Zeta radiation wears off and he transports unconcious to Earth.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 134 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes