"Ring Against Ring!": Having acquired an Oan Power Ring, the irate Galius Zed turns against his comrade Hal Jordan and decides to show him what a true ring-bearer can now accomplish. Hal has little chance
- All along you held the secret of a ring impervious to yellow -- and all along -- you hid it from us! You sent our comrades off to battle -- armed with a ring you knew was inadequate!
- -- Galius-Zed
Appearing in "Ring Against Ring!"
Synopsis for "Ring Against Ring!"
Having acquired an Oan Power Ring, the irate Galius Zed turns against his comrade Hal Jordan and decides to show him what a true ring-bearer can now accomplish. Hal has little chance against a foe armed with such a superior weapon, but Galius Zed quickly learns that the ring taxes his own life energies, draining him of power and vitality. A withering Zed collapses before Hal Jordan. Hal calls to mind how this whole business got started.
It began with Green Lanterns Eddore and Kaylark. Both of them had come into conflict with a trio of space pirates called the Free Lancers. The Free Lancers showed them how their masters, the Guardians of the Universe had crafted a ring that was not inhibited by materials colored yellow. This enraged Eddore and Kaylark, and drove them to renounces the Guardians.
Kaylark came into possession of her own Oan ring and returned to her home planet D'xe where she crowned herself Empress.
Eddore acquired an Oan Power Ring as well and returned to his native world of Tront. With the power of the ring, he forced hundreds of Trontians to fuse their essences with his own, creating an over-sized being of great power. Hal Jordan came to Tront and fought against the Eddore/Trontian entity. Channeling all of his ring's energy into the being, he overloaded it with power, causing it to collapse to the ground.
Appearing in "Successor"
- Brin (First appearance) (Flashback and main story)
- Spider Guild (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Successor"
Green Lantern Brin returns home to tell his family that he has been forcibly retired from the Green Lantern Corps. He tells them that his encounter and subsequent failure to repulse an alien invasion by the Spider Guild is what led the Guardians to let him go. The Guardians come to Brin's home world to select a new Green Lantern to replace him. They select Brin's family's robotic nanny, Teacher.
- This book was first published on May 19, 1983.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 167 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 2 167
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes