Synopsis for "Decent Exposure"
While Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris deal with their relationship after Hal has retired from the Corps, they see a news report of Tawny Younf revealing John Stewart's identity as the new Green Lantern in national television. They turn off the T.V. and decide to concentrate on their real concern at the moment: the Predator's identity, and why he has a fixation on Carol.
Returning from Oa, Stewart has been partnered with Katma Tui by the Guardians to train him to become a full Green Lantern, because he doesn't feel like he's received adequate instruction. Katma moves into John's apartment with him, and uses her ring to appear African American as well, adopting the alias of "Katrina." When John appears the next day at work, although he's a hero to the other Ferris employees, Carol is forced to fire him because they can't have a Green Lantern openly working there. Accidentally, she slips that Hal Jordan recommended him to work for Ferris, but John is confused, because he never knew Hal before getting the job there (still unaware that Hal was the previous Green Lantern). Hal overhears and steps in to try and keep his cover. When Katma sees him, she jumps to him and gives him a kiss, making John even more confused. Later, privately, Hal explains to Carol that Katma is another Green Lantern, and Katma tells John that she wanted to get back at Carol for firing John (but in reality she is still mad at Hal for quitting the Corps, and she can't bear to see him with Carol).
Suddenly, the Ferris Aircraft receives the visit of Sonar, challenging the new Green Lantern. John changes to his suit and fights him, with his former co-workers cheering for him. Meanwhile, Katma stays among the crowd, keeping her cover. Still undercover, Katma helps John defeat Sonar by bombarding the villain with sound waves, making Sonar's attacks useless. With the menace stopped, everyone goes back to work, and Hal resumes his investigation.
Appearing in "Decent Exposure"
- Senator Jeremiah Clutcher (Flashback only)
- Krystayl (Flashback only)
- Mrs. Stewart
- Thomas "Pieface" Kalmaku
- Green Arrow
- Superman (Cameo)
- Black Canary (Cameo)
- Mr. Linders
- Outer Space
Synopsis for "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps: Mogo Doesn't Socialize"
While Arisia is reading from the Book of Oa, she marvels at the sheer magnitude of the Corps, and asks Tomar-Re about some Green Lanterns she's never heard of before. Tomar-Re tells her that the names in question are all Green Lanterns unable to attend meetings, for example Leezle Pon, a sentient smallpox virus who would infect the rest of the corps if he came to meetings, and Dkrtzy Rrr, an abstract mathematical progression who attends meetings, but is only noticed by the Guardians. But the most fascinating of all is Mogo, who, as Tomar-Re puts it, "doesn't socialize."
- Tomar-Re begins his story with "Bolphunga the Unrelenting," an evil and dedicated creature, nearly without match for his love of destruction, who decides to crown his reputation by challenging the most mysterious and feared Green Lantern of all, Mogo. Bolphunga travels to the planet where he has been told Mogo can be found, and calls through his bullhorn challenging Mogo to a fight. He receives no response, and decides to search for his opponent cutting his way through the forest, but ends up finding nothing but the mysterious thick patches of jungle, and wide, decisive clearings spanning the planet. Weeks turn into months, and Bolphunga sets up camps, and draws extensive maps and charts to help him methodically search the planet for Mogo. He investigates the plants to see if they carry Green Lantern rings, and even the insects, he picks up and closely inspects, looking for some trace. Finally, Bolphunga realizes the significance of the planet's mysterious green foliage. He shakes in terror, abandons all of his equipment, climbs into his ship, and flees from the planet as fast as he can. When in space, Bolphunga looks back at the planet and sees Mogo was, after all, the planet itself.
And that is why Mogo doesn't socialize. If he were ever to attend a Green Lantern meeting, his gravitational field would destroy both of the two planets. Before walking out, Tomar-Re tells Arisia that one day he'll tell her about "some of the really big Green Lanterns." Eyes wide open, the young Arisia closes the Book of Oa and follows Tomar-Re, asking him if he was joking, giving her a "wad of skubitzny."
Appearing in "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps: Mogo Doesn't Socialize"
- Mogo (First appearance)
- Bolphunga the Unrelenting (First appearance)
- Book of Oa (First appearance)
- DC Retroactive: Green Lantern - The '80s Vol 1 1 presents an updated version of "Decent Exposure."
- Corps members Leezle Pon and Dkrtzy Rrr are not depicted in this story, just mentioned for the first time.
- Bolphunga and Mogo "fight" was replayed in the animation Green Lantern: Emerald Knights.
- "Decent Exposure" was reprinted in:
- "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps: Mogo Doesn't Socialize" was reprinted in:
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- Green Lantern (Volume 6)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- The Green Lantern: Season Two (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)