"3": Having just been instated as the Green Lantern of Earth, Guy Gardner returns triumphantly visits his home town of Baltimore to tell it he hates it, and then continues on his new mission from the Guardians of the Universe. He has been commi
- I am evolution at its utmost, meat! I am the survival of the fittest in every truth! I have the mind to mold reality to my will -- with all the instincts of a perfect carnivore! Now -- I feed!!
Appearing in "3"
Synopsis for "3"
Having just been instated as the Green Lantern of Earth, Guy Gardner returns triumphantly visits his home town of Baltimore to tell it he hates it, and then continues on his new mission from the Guardians of the Universe. He has been commissioned to resurrect one of Green Lantern's deadliest enemies, the Shark.
John Stewart returns to Earth to embrace Katma Tui after fighting in the Crisis, believing it to be over. Katma Tui wonders why if the Crisis is over, there is still an impenetrable barrier around Oa.
Restoring pieces of the Shark from the bottom of a body of water, Guy Gardner attempts to control him, and quickly finds himself fighting more than he had expected. The Shark outwits Gardner, a less experienced Green Lantern than his usual foe, Hal Jordan. Shark then goes looking for more challenging meat to feed upon.
Hal Jordan goes to see John Stewart in Stewart's apartment, and reveals to him that he was the previous Green Lantern. He then warns Stewart that Guy Gardner has become a Green Lantern, and has been sent on an unknown mission by one of the two Guardians' factions. While they're talking, the Shark leaps through the window intent on killing Hal Jordan. John Stewart faces off against Shark, and defeats him. Guy Gardner appears, and reveals that his mission is to assemble and launch a supervillain assault on the Anti-Monitor's birthplace on Qward. The two Lanterns quickly come into conflict, and prepare to fight it out.
- Reprinted in Crisis on Infinite Earths Companion: Deluxe Edition Vol. 1.
- While this issue is not specifically a Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover, it references events from Crisis on Infinite Earths (Volume 1), and continues the storyline running through the other Green Lantern Crisis tie-ins.
- Hal Jordan retired from the Green Lantern Corps in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #181. John Stewart took his place as Green Lantern in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #182.
- The Shark appeared last in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #176, where he was apparently killed.
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 196 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 2 196
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Guy Gardner Recommended Reading
- Crisis Recommended Reading