Appearing in "2"
- Green Lantern Villains
Synopsis for "2"
Guy Gardner and John Stewart fight over what to do with the recently captured Shark, and their loyalties to the opposing factions in the Guardians of the Universe. During the fight, the Shark is accidentally freed from his imprisonment in one of Stewart's bubbles, and while Stewart is distracted, Gardner knocks him unconscious. Gardner explains to the Shark that he's being enlisted for an assault mission to destroy one of the moons of Qward, in an effort to save the world. Gardner and the Shark go off to find more villains together. Waking up, Stewart goes to search for Hal Jordan who he had flung to safety in space shortly before his fight. Unable to find him, he goes looking for Gardner.
Going back to her own Sector, Katma Tui finds that it has seen much the same destruction as the rest of the Multiverse, although she was unable to protect it at the time. Salakk, who had covered parts of her sector for her, arrives and shows her the tragedies wrought by the Crisis, including the deaths of Green Lanterns Eddore and Zborra. Realizing the Crisis is not yet over as John had previously believed, she flies back to Earth.
Gathering more supervillains, Gardner enlists Hector Hammond, Sonar, Throttle, Blindside and Goldface. Hammond tries to start playing a mindgame with Gardner, so Gardner immediately shuts his brain down and lets him stay behind. Stewart, chasing him the whole time, finally catches up with him at the same time as Katma Tui. The two prepare to fight, but are interrupted by the sudden appearance of Hal Jordan, now carrying his own Green Lantern Ring. He explains how he has been deputized by the Guardians to help Guy Gardner with his mission. While some Guardians believe that death at the hands of the Anti-Monitor is inevitable, others believe the answer to be destroying the Anti-Monitor's birthplace, on one of the moons of Qward. When Jordan convinces Stewart and Katma Tui of his plight, he and Gardner are allowed passage, and they take the villains off with them to the antimatter universe of Qward.
After they've left, Sinestro appears with a warning from the Guardians themselves. The moon of Qward must not be destroyed, and he will have to team up with the Green Lanterns to help save it, or else it could mean the end of the very universe!
- Reprinted in Crisis on Infinite Earths Companion: Deluxe Edition Vol. 1.
- This issue isn't specifically marked as a Crisis on Infinite Earths tie-in, but it fits in with the storyline running through the other Green Lantern tie-in books, and reflects events happening in Crisis on Infinite Earths (Volume 1).
- Hal Jordan retired from the Green Lantern Corps in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #181. John Stewart replaced him in Green Lantern (Volume 2) #182.
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 197 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 2 197
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Crisis Recommended Reading