"Prince Peril's Power Play": In order to avoid being married to Prince Peril, Princess Ramia of the planet Myrg decides to travel to the planet Earth in order to find herself the perfect husband. Arriving on Earth-Two, Princess Ramia soon locates [[Charles Dickles (New Earth)|Doiby Dickl
Appearing in "Prince Peril's Power Play"
- Prince Peril (First appearance)
- Gil Kane
- Petia (Handmaiden) (Single appearance)
- Miss Tyler (Secretary) (Single appearance)
- Green Lantern Ring
- Starheart Ring
- Green Lantern Power Battery
- Green Sky-Rocket
- Prince Peril's Q-Energy Sword
Synopsis for "Prince Peril's Power Play"
In order to avoid being married to Prince Peril, Princess Ramia of the planet Myrg decides to travel to the planet Earth in order to find herself the perfect husband. Arriving on Earth-Two, Princess Ramia soon locates Doiby Dickles whom she asks to help her find the perfect man, his thoughts reveal that Doiby considers Alan Scott the best man ever. However, before they can find Scott, Prince Peril arrives to take Ramia back to her home planet. Contacting Alan Scott telepathically for help, Scott arrives as the Green Lantern to defend Doiby and Ramia. Gaining the upper hand at first, Alan manages to keep Peril on the ropes until Peril is able to blast Alan with a paralyzer beam from his sword.
While escaping in Goitrude, Doiby tells Ramia about the Green Lantern of Earth-One, and Ramia is able to transport them to that universe with the aid of her dimensionizer device. Transported to Earth-One they seek out Hal Jordan for help, Peril realizes where they have gone and followed them to Earth-One as well. Hal spots Doiby's Green Lantern signal and changes into Green Lantern to help. However during the fight, Hal realizes that he forgot to charge his power ring and it soon begins to run out of power in the fight. Hal is forced to resort to hand to hand combat, but manages to fight Peril into a jail cell, however Peril breaks loose and knocks out Hal, then takes Doiby and Ramia prisoner and returns to Myrg.
Reviving, Hal recharges his power ring and goes to Earth-Two to collect Alan Scott. The two Green Lanterns then travel to Myrg where they find that Peril has forced Doiby to dress up like a jester and has taken over the planet with his army. The combined might of the two Green Lanterns is enough to drive back Peril's army and Peril himself is imprisoned. Ramia finally choses a husband she loves, Doiby, who agrees to marry her and remain on Myrg, while the two Green Lanterns return to their perspective Earth's and resume their normal lives.
- This issue is reprinted in The Green Lantern Archives Vol. 6, Showcase Presents: Green Lantern Vol. 3 and Crisis on Multiple Earths: The Team-Ups, Volume 2.
- The marriage between Ramia and Doiby Dickles is valid in Post-Crisis, but the travel between Earth-One and Earth-Two obviously didn't occurred.
- Is mentioned that Alan Scott is president of Gotham Broadcasting Company.
- Gil Kane talks with the reader on page 20, explaining some behind-of-scenes facts.
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 45 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 2 45
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
Links and References