"The World of Living Phantoms!": The world of Aku has lived in a state of peace for centuries as the people there have gone into a state of suspended animation while their technology create mind-images that live their lives in perpetual immortality. However, the alarms on Aku go off signaling an
- Carol, you just have to trust me. I can't tell you why I had to run out on you suddenly -- or what I've been doing since then. All I can say is that my excuse is a legitimate one... but I'll say this! I'll tell you everything someday -- after we're married!
Appearing in "The World of Living Phantoms!"
- Green Lantern Corps
- Tomar-Re (First appearance)
- Chief Scientist Ibr (Single appearance)
- Carol Ferris
- Space Monsters (Single appearance)
- Rebel Thought Images (Single appearance)
- Tom Kalmaku
- Kadmun (Single appearance)
- Alyssha (Single appearance)
- Cosmo (Single appearance)
- Sector 2814
- Sector 2813 (First appearance)
- Xudar (First appearance)
Synopsis for "The World of Living Phantoms!"
The world of Aku has lived in a state of peace for centuries as the people there have gone into a state of suspended animation while their technology create mind-images that live their lives in perpetual immortality. However, the alarms on Aku go off signaling an impending doom. This impending danger is also noticed by the Green Lantern of the planet Xudar, Tomar-Re, who defends his sector of space. However, Tomar-Re must stop space-monsters that have arrived on his planet. He contacts Hal Jordan via their power rings and asks for his assistance. Hal suddenly bolts from Carol's front door (having made a date with her) without explanation to deal with the crisis.
Traveling to the planet Aku, Green Lantern is informed by mental contact by the Akuian scientist Ibr, that a number of the evil aspects of Aku's people have gained sentience and seeks to use antagony atoms to destroy all the good Akuians thought-images. Green Lantern goes up against the evil Ibr and his followers, however they pin his physical body to the ground forcing him to send out his own thought image to battle them, using his power ring to create the same effect on the opposing thought images. Hal then frees himself by creating a number of duplicates of his thought image to use their duplicate power-rings to free him from the weapon that has him pinned to the ground.
Checking on the physical bodies of the people from Aku, he uses his power ring to probe for the reason why evil thought images of themselves appeared. Green Lantern determines that the cause was from two lovers who cannot physically express their love caused a malfunction in the device. Freeing them and restoring their mobility, Green Lantern leaves them to start a new life, while the other people of Aku continue to live their phantom lives.
Afterwards, Hal travels to Xudar to help Tomar-Re. Recharging his power ring with Tomar's power battery, Hal helps Tomar defeat the space-monsters who flee the planet. With all said and done, Tomar-Re explains a few mysteries for Hal, that there are Green Lanterns in every sector of space and that they are chosen by the Guardians of the Universe. With this new information Hal returns to Earth, where he remembers he stood up Carol. While on another date with her, he says he'll tell her the truth once they're married. Carol scoffs at this idea and tells Hal that when he ditched her, she went out on a date with Green Lantern in an attempt to make Hal jealous, a white lie that Hal knows is not true.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 2 6 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 2 6
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)