"Bring In The Clowns": Guy Gardner and G'nort travel to the planet G'newt, where they hope that G'nort's uncle G'newmann will shed some light on the people claiming to be Guardians of the Universe who are passing out Green Lantern Rings.
- What is this? All I ever get is this "not for your own benefit" jazz! Can't use my ring to pop a beer can without hearin' about it from Hal Jordan!
- -- Guy Gardner
Appearing in "Bring In The Clowns"
Synopsis for "Bring In The Clowns"
Guy Gardner and G'nort travel to the planet G'newt, where they hope that G'nort's uncle G'newmann will shed some light on the people claiming to be Guardians of the Universe who are passing out Green Lantern Rings.
Guy is disgusted to find a planet of creatures who seem nearly as stupid as G'nort. When they arrive at G'newmann G'noggs' home, Guy is frustrated to discover that he has been using his ring for his own benefit. Unfortunately, G'newmann isn't very forthcoming, and claims he's forgotten who the Guardians he got his ring from were. Meanwhile, he covertly alerts the Weaponers of Qward to Guy's presence.
Guy manages to coerce a mental image of the people from whom G'newmann and G'nort got their rings, and seeks out Hal Jordan to identify them. Hal isn't too happy to see Guy, but he reluctantly agrees to help. He identifies the false Guardians as the Poglachis, and gives Guy the coordinates to their base-planet in Sector 3273. Before he leaves, Guy suggests that Hal begin recruiting for the Green Lantern Corps by visiting former members like Arisia.
When Guy and G'nort approach the Poglachi home-world, the Qwardians chase them down and attack. However, they are expecting to fight Hal Jordan, whose habits they have been familiarized with. They anticipate that the Green Lantern will fake a direct attack, and stand their ground, only to be bowled over by Guy, whose direct approach serves him well in this instance. When he corners them, though, they are killed by something called the red heat.
When Guy sets foot on the planet, he is soon surrounded by a number of creatures who look like circus clowns and claim to be the Guardians of the Universe: the Poglachis.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 3 10 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)