Appearing in "Beginning's End"
- Green Lantern (Alan Scott) (Flashback only)
- Abin Sur (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern (John Stewart) (Flashback only)
- Monitor (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) (Flashback only)
- Guardians of the Universe (Flashback and main story)
- Green Lantern Corps (Flashback only)
- Spectre (Hal Jordan) (Flashback and main story)
- Raymond Hauser/Arron Rayner
Synopsis for "Beginning's End"
Using his new powers Ion travels through the timestream and observes how all the Green Lanterns of Earth came to be - from Alan Scott to Hal Jordan, John Stewart and Guy Gardner. He also watches how Hal Jordan ran crazy as Parallax when Ion is interrupted by the Spectre. The latter warns Ion about intervening the timeline but Ion explains that he would be able to save Hal Jordan and the people of Coast City. Spectre is not interested in changing the past though and, thus, Kyle turns his attention to his father Arron Rayner who is currently living incognito in Austin, Texas. Arron is surprised that his son was able to find him. Of course he does not know that by using the powers of Ion it took Kyle only 10 minutes to locate his father. Now Arron tells Kyle that his real name is Gabriel Vasquez and that he was born in Mexico. He ended up in the CIA and fell in love with Kyle's mother Maura. When his CIA cover was blown, they left America together and got married. But Arron became restless and when Kyle was about 1 year old he just left. But Kyle looks into his father's mind to confirm his story and finds some inconsistencies. Indeed it was Kyle's mother that left his dad because they were continuously on the run. Obviously Aaron does not want Kyle to blame his mother for their breakup.
Next, Ion flies to Oa and summons Ganthet, the last remaining Guardian of the Universe. Without further explanation Ion reignites the Central Power Battery of Oa by transferring most of his powers into it. Astonished Ganthet watches not only the return of power to Oa, but also how about two dozens of kids step out of the battery. They reprsent the future Guardians and it is Ganthet's task to raise them. Kyle left a power ring for himself to be Green Lantern again. He made some imrpovements though. The power ring will never run out of energy entirely and when someone takes it away from Kyle it will always automatically return to him ...
- This book was first published on May 8, 2002.
- Oa was rebuilt in Green Lantern Legacy: The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan.
- This issue is reprinted in the trade paperback Green Lantern: Power of Ion.
- As the issue in which the Guardians of the Universe are recreated, this is technically the first appearance of Lianna, Sayd, and Scar, though they would not be named and differentiated as characters until later.
- Counting Ganthet, at least 21 Guardians are seen in this issue. One, Lianna, later leaves the Guardians, leaving at least 20. In Green Lantern (Volume 4), the number of Guardians on Oa's council is much lower. Whether the excess Guardians somehow disappeared or the events of this issue were simply retconned is unknown.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 3 150 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 3 150