"Regeneration (Part I) - The Deal": Hal Jordan calls upon all the currently-active members of the Green Lantern Corps back to Oa. He hopes to discuss a new system for inducting and training Green Lanterns. When he calls on [[Brik
- The little rock-head here said I was auditioning for some interplanetary skull-cracking! And what do I find?! A bunch of mid-life cry-babies being sensitive!
- — Boodikka
Appearing in "Regeneration (Part I) - The Deal"
- Green Lantern Corps
- Flicker (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Regeneration (Part I) - The Deal"
Hal Jordan calls upon all the currently-active members of the Green Lantern Corps back to Oa. He hopes to discuss a new system for inducting and training Green Lanterns. When he calls on Brik, however, she disappears suddenly. On Oa, Hal explains to the other Corpsmen that he's cut a deal with the Guardians of the Universe that if he can create a core membership of twelve Lanterns, he will be allowed to go back to his old Sector 2814 instead of being forced to scour the universe for 3600 members. However, he still needs 5 more members to meet that goal.
After ribbing Hal about how he has generally failed to incorporate a large number of female members to the corps, he calls on Chaselon and Larvox to introduce him to the choices they have recruited. Chaselon's recruit is Boodikka, a brash and violent warrior woman. Hal is reluctant, but Kilowog begs Hal to accept her, knowing that training her would be a crowning achievement for him. Larvox's recruit is Amanita, a sentient fungus whose metabolism is so slow as to make communication a test of patience.
Hal accepts both candidates, recognizing that he needs to accept the value of a diverse Corps. He sets off to find Brik, who he hopes is not in any danger. He arrives at Stoneworld, home of the Obsidian-Folk. He meets Kworri there, and tries to ignore the man's obvious disdain for the Pumice People while they seek out Brik.
In outer space, Hal and Kworri encounter a strange villain named Flicker, who claims to be recruiting as well.
- The events from this story takes place concurrently with the "Breakdowns" storyline running through issues of Justice League America and Justice League Europe. This issue takes place before the events of Justice League America #58.
- On the last page Flicker says "The call me the best headhunter" instead of "They".
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)