"Emerald Twilight, Part Two: The Present": As the Green Lantern of Earth, Hal Jordan, proceeds to Oa after the events of the last issue, the Guardians of the Universe send a number of Green Lanterns in Hal's path to try and stop him. The first line is Ke'Haan
Appearing in "Emerald Twilight, Part Two: The Present"
Synopsis for "Emerald Twilight, Part Two: The Present"
As the Green Lantern of Earth, Hal Jordan, proceeds to Oa after the events of the last issue, the Guardians of the Universe send a number of Green Lanterns in Hal's path to try and stop him. The first line is Ke'Haan of Varva and Laira of Jayd. Though they put up a good fight, they are no match for Hal Jordan as he defeats them and takes their power rings, leaving them floating in space and continues his rampage towards Oa. As they watch Hal's approach, the Guardians see that he is more resourceful than they had thought, but they are not worried as they have others to stop him. The next Green Lantern to oppose Hal is Tomar Tu who proceeds to create a construct of a parasite from his world who's grip is virtually unbreakable. However, it doesn't stop the mad Lantern as he cuts free of the construct and blasts Tomar into an asteroid. Just as he's about to finish Tomar off, Jack T. Chance arrives and attacks Hal from behind. Though he is tough, he is inexperienced compared to the years Hal has had and knocks Jack out and proceeds not only to continue his path towards Oa, but to steal the rings of Tomar Tu and Jack T. Chance. The next Lanterns to top Hal are General Kreon and Honnu. Both put up a fight, but are swiftly defeated by Hal who takes both their rings, just as Graf Toren comes and is punched out by Hal who proceeds to take his ring as well. The Green Lantern Boodikka, who was brought into the Corps by Hal. The fight between these two Lanterns is fierce as even though Boodikka is losing, she is determined to prevent Hal from taking her ring. Considering that, Hal proceeds to cut off Boodikka's right hand and takes her ring and leaves her in space, just as he arrives on Oa, where he faces the most important Lantern of his life, Kilowog. Even though the two of the greatest Green Lanterns in the Corps were close friends, Kilowog wants Hal to stop and doesn't want to fight him, but his loyalty lies with the Corps first. As they battle it out on Oa, it seems that they are both evenly matched, but because of the extra rings he gained from the previous Lanterns, Kilowog is clearly overpowered by Hal and is knocked out. Hal then continues his path on Oa towards the source of the Green Lantern Corps' power, the Central Power Battery. As he reaches the batteries, the Guardians try one last effort to get Hal to stop his rampage against the Corps, but Hal is unwilling to listen, let alone surrender. So, the Guardians send the last person out against Hal, but not a Green Lantern, at least not anymore, Sinestro, armed with a Green Lantern Ring once again as they are convinced that their feud ends here.
- This issue is reprinted in the Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight and Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight/New Dawn collections.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 3 49 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn II (Volume 1)
- The Flash (Volume 1): The Flash #217- #246
- Action Comics (Volume 1): Action Comics #601- #635 & Action Comics #642
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Red Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Sinestro (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes