"Emerald Twilight, Part Three: The Future": Continuing from the last issue, as Hal's rampage brings him to Oa with the rings of several Green Lanterns who were sent by the Guardians to stop him, including Kilowog, the Guardians send out their last chance of su
- You shall have to do.
- -- Ganthet on the last Green Lantern.
Appearing in "Emerald Twilight, Part Three: The Future"
Synopsis for "Emerald Twilight, Part Three: The Future"
Continuing from the last issue, as Hal's rampage brings him to Oa with the rings of several Green Lanterns who were sent by the Guardians to stop him, including Kilowog, the Guardians send out their last chance of survival, Sinestro, who was imprisoned inside the Central Power Battery of Oa. Despite the fact that Hal has more power than Sinestro, they agree that the final fight between the two greatest Green Lanterns should at least be a fair fight, with Hal taking off the extra power rings and the two men duel. The battle between the two is intense and they each fire against each other and create a huge blast that knocks out most of their power. After the smoke clears, we see Sinestro holding Hal, but the young Lantern breaks free and proceeds to knock the living daylights out of Sinestro while getting a few punches from the Korugarian himself, before Hal beats him down and proceeds to do the unthinkable, he snaps Sinestro's neck and kills him. As the Guardians see their last line of defense fall, Hal is about to enter the Central Battery when he finds that Kilowog survived their battle. To ensure his victory, Hal makes sure that Kilowog is dead by destroying his body with a powerful blast, leaving only a skeleton. Now that Hal has crossed the line he throws his ring away as he confronts the Guardians over what has happened recently. Hal reveals that it is too late for the Guardians and himself to stop what is about to happen as he leaves the Guardians and goes right into the Central Power Battery. When they realize that all is lost, the Guardians realize that there is only one thing to do and they choose the Guardian Ganthet as the one. As the Power Battery cracks and explodes, the Guardians unleash all of their energy and send it into Ganthet as the battery explodes and Hal emerges, in a new costume and wielding immense power. As he's about to leave, Hal notices the dead Guardians and the last ring, which he destroys and leaves Oa. Among the dead Guardians, Ganthet rises and tells his dead brothers that he will grieve for them and knows what is to be done as he uses the energy the Guardians gave him and creates a Green Lantern Ring and teleports away from Oa. Meanwhile back on Earth, we find the man who saw Hal at the end of issue #48 and notices that it is coming towards him and tries to run away from it, but it explodes and from that, Ganthet appears right in front of the man and tells him that he will have to do and gives him the power ring. When he asks the alien what he's supposed to do with it, Ganthet's last words are for the man to do what he must, as Ganthet disappears and the man puts on the ring, when he is transformed into the last Green Lantern.
- This issue is reprinted in the Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight and Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight/New Dawn collections.
- This issue was printed with a glow-in-the-dark cover.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 3 50 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 3 50
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn II (Volume 1)
- The Flash (Volume 1): The Flash #217- #246
- Action Comics (Volume 1): Action Comics #601- #635 & Action Comics #642
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Red Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Sinestro (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes