Appearing in "Sinestro Corps War (Part I) - Fear & Loathing"
- Green Lantern Corps
- Sinestro Corps
- Weaponers of Qward (Flashback only)
- Antimatter Universe
- California (Flashback only)
- Martin Jordan's test jet (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Sinestro Corps War (Part I) - Fear & Loathing"
On Oa, the Green Lantern Corps are tending to the wounded following the Sinestro Corps attack. Although twenty were killed just in this attack, the Sinestro Corps continue to hunt Green Lanterns across the universe. Hal Jordan notices Tomar-Tu unconscious, and moves to help him, but the Lost Lanterns fire a blast at him and tell him to back off. Guy Gardner has just about had enough, and is ready to tear into them, to which Jack T. Chance and Ke'Haan are more than willing to oblige. Kilowog steps in and tells them all to stand down, or he'll remind them all why he was the trainer. John Stewart and Kilowog ask where the Guardians of the Universe are.
In the library of the Book of Oa, the Guardians of the Universe are preparing to remove the prophecy of the Blackest Night from the Book. Ganthet and Sayd oppose this move, saying that by ignoring threats that they are making themselves vulnerable. The other Guardians dismiss the Blackest Night as lies made by the Empire of Tears, and destroy the chapter.
Across the Universe, the Sinestro Corps continue their campaign against the Green Lanterns. Sinestro observes events with Superboy-Prime and the Cyborg Superman, and promises Prime that they will all get what they want. Fear will deliver the universe to them, and the universe will be better for it.
On Oa, Hal receives a secret message from Ganthet and Sayd. The Sinestro Corps are an unprecedented threat, and the Green Lanterns need a strong leader. Ganthet and Sayd believe that Hal is that leader. Hal disagrees, saying that the Corps trusts Sinestro more than him. He'll fight the Sinestro Corps, but he won't be leading anyone. Ganthet says that despite Hal's ability to overcome great fear, there is still one thing he cannot overcome. Ganthet offers to help him do that. Hal says that if he wants to help him, he'll tell him where to find Kyle. Ganthet says that he's on Qward, but they must go now. They promise to do all they can to help the Earthmen, and they promise to hope.
Rejoining the others, Guy says that the Lost Lanterns are heading to rescue Ion. Hal and John decide that they're all going, and begin recharging their rings in the Central Power Battery. Just as they're finishing, yellow tendrils grab the Earth Lanterns, pulling them into the Battery. Alone, Hal suddenly hears Parallax. He knows that Hal claims to have overcome his fear when his father died, but there is something else that Hal fears: if his father died in fear. Parallax shows Hal his father's crash, and that his father did say something, but he'll never know what. As the vision ends, Hal finds himself on Qward.
- This book was first published on July 11, 2007.
- The cover copy to this issue indicates that this is the "Sinestro Corps War" chapter 2, but it is actually chapter 1. A prologue to the war was featured in Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Special #1.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Green Lantern Vol 4 21 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Green Lantern series
- Images from Green Lantern Vol 4 21
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Green Lantern at Wikipedia.org
- Green Lantern at DC Comics
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern at TV Tropes
War of Light Crossover