"War of the Green Lanterns Prologue": One billion years ago, Ganthet and the Guardians stop Krona from witnessing the birth of the universe.
- Emotions are dangerous. Maybe they should be controlled somehow.
Synopsis for "War of the Green Lanterns Prologue"
One billion years ago, Ganthet and the Guardians stop Krona from witnessing the birth of the universe.
In the present, the Guardians conclude that law and emotion cannot coexist without conflict. Like Sinestro, Atrocitus and Larfleze, Hal Jordan's behavior is beginning to disturb the Guardians.
Meanwhile, Hal and the other ring-bearers realize that the Predator is the only entity not captured by Krona. Suddenly, Carol Ferris is thrown by an energy blast into Hal's arms. Carol tells him that the Predator has been captured. Sinestro also appears, upset by the recent events.
The Guardians order Salaak to lead a squad of Lanterns to arrest Hal for treason. The Guardians says that they will not tolerate any insubordination from any Lantern.
Hal and the others reach Ryut, where Krona is supposed to be located in. There, the New Guardians find the Book of the Black. The Book of the Black opens and reveals its fourth chapter, the history of Krona. According to verse six, the Manhunters pursued Krona, who used his Power Gauntlet to deactivate them. Then he reprogrammed them and made them attack Ryut. The Guardians captured Krona and confiscated his Power Gauntlet.
As verse six ends, the Book of the Black releases the New Guardians from their chains. A new verse begins: "There will be only three."
Appearing in "War of the Green Lanterns Prologue"
- New Guardians
- Guardians of the Universe (Flashback and main story)
- Ganthet (Flashback only)
- Green Lantern Corps (Origin)
- Book of the Black
- Indigo Power Ring
- Green Lantern Ring (Origin)
- Green Lantern Power Battery
- Blue Lantern Ring
- Orange Lantern Ring
- Red Power Ring
- Star Sapphire Ring
- Yellow Power Ring
- Krona's Power Gauntlet
- On the page with all the pillars of Lantern symbols around the Book of the Black, the Blue Lantern symbol is drawn upside-down.
- Green Lantern Recommended Reading
- Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern (Volume 4)
- Green Lantern (Volume 5)
- The Green Lantern (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 2)
- Green Lantern Corps (Volume 3)
- Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors (Volume 1)
- Green Lantern: New Guardians (Volume 1)
- Green Lanterns (Volume 1)
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Brightest Day Crossover|
Brightest Day is a 2010 DC Comics crossover event following the Blackest Night. The story spans the entire DC Universe and is the starting point for many plotlines.