Gregor Nagy was the shape-shifter Changeling, an ally of Superman.
Gregor Nagy was the only son of Jan Nagy. Jan was a late European Nobel in radio-biology and Superman's friend. Under Jan's testament, Superman was named guardian of Greg, very to the disgust of the youngster. The Man of Steel discovered that the youth gained the power to metamorphosize his body into animal forms. Years ago, when metamorphon, an artificial element created by Jan Nagy became unstable, Superman needed to throw it into Jan's pool, whose hydrogen contained in the water would neutralize the element. However, Greg was exposed to the pool, and later gained his shapechanging abilities. Gregor was shameful and afraid of his powers, what resented Superman. Using his powers, Gregor realizes that Superman is Clark Kent, but promised to keep his secret. Superman trained Gregor in his abilities, and the youngster adopted the codename Changeling, helping the Man of Steel in some cases. One day, Superman needed to fly to space in order to fix a space station whose dismantling circuits were acidentally activated by Greg. When the youngster listened an emergency call from the Pacific, where a submarine was stranded, he replicated the powers of Superman and took an indestructible costume from a Superman Robot, trying to save the vessel alone. Unhappily, his powers faded and he began to be crushed by the oceanic pressure. Superman returned only in time to take him from water and briefly talk in his final moments, where Gregor became dust in a last transformation.
Powers and Abilities
- Metamorphosis: He could transform himself into any animal.
- Music: Gregor took music lessons... although he hated it.
- The powers fade after a few minutes when he returns to his normal human form. He can use them again at an unspecified period of time.
- This version of Gregor Nagy, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Gregor Navy's citizenship and birthplace are unknown. His father is known to be European, but at no time is it specified if he moved to the USA or if Gregor was born in the USA.
- 1 Appearances of Gregor Nagy (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Gregor Nagy (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Gregor Nagy (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Gregor Nagy (Earth-One)
Superman Family member