Gudra was brought to Earth during World War II by Adolf Hitler's use of the Spear of Destiny. She became a member of Axis Amerika. She killed Paula Brooks, the Tigress, and after resurrected her. Seemingly, the experiences that Paula's soul witnessed while in Valhalla changed her personality to a bad, villainous person.
Who is Wonder Woman?
Gundra was recruited by Circe as part of a large team of Wonder Woman's old foes. After a failed attack on Washington, D.C., the fight moved to Aeaea, where Gundra and the rest of the forces laid an ambush. Wonder Woman brought her allies and Gundra was taken out by Wonder Girl.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Strength
- Soul Harvesting: Gudra is capable of extracting the souls of the dead from their bodies like other Valkyries and summon the souls of the dead for assistance.
- Stormwind, her flying horse.
- A lance, whose touch could kill.
- The character Gudra was based on the Wonder Woman villain of the same name - Gundra. The difference in spelling in Young All-Stars (Volume 1) is caused by different anglicization of the original Old Norse name Gunnr/Guðr. When the character was reintroduced as a Wonder Woman villain in the present time in Who Is Wonder Woman?, the spelling Gundra was used again.
- 20 Appearances of Gudra (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Gudra (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Gudra (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Gudra (New Earth)
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."