Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Guillermo Barrera, better known as Brutale, was a deadly interrogator in Hasaragua. When the regime in the country changed he moved the the United States to becom one of crime lord La Dama's right hand men.
Along with fellow La Dama henchmen Bone-Crusher and Coyote, he was sent to retrieve an ancient scarab, stolen by the Brotherhood of Evil. During their battle the backpack with the scarab got into the hands of unsuspecting bystander Jaime Reyes. After chasing the boy in an alley with Bone-Crusher, Brutale threw knives at Jaime's back, accidentally hitting the scarab and activating the scarab, which had fused to the boy's spine. With the armor at his disposal, Jaime pierced Brutale and Bone-Crusher's bodies with his hands. Amazingly, both of them survived the encounter and returned to La Dama.
- Brutale was created by Chuck Dixon and Scott McDaniel, first appearing in Nightwing (Volume 2) #22. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Brutale first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Blue Beetle (Volume 8) #1 by Tony Bedard and Ig Guara.
- 5 Appearances of Guillermo Barrera (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Guillermo Barrera (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Guillermo Barrera (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Guillermo Barrera (Prime Earth)
|Blue Beetle Villain(s)|
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Blue Beetle Legacy in any of its incarnations. Including Dan Garrett, Ted Kord and Jaime Reyes as well as any alternate universe equivalents.