House of the Dragon Trailer - The Loop
Do you like this video?
Points of Interest
It is separated into several realms, which can be accessed by portals (such as Doom's Doorway) or at the will of an Olympian:
- Asphodel Meadows: A vast flowering field that souls find after crossing the River Styx and before meeting the Three Judges of the Dead. Thanatos, the personification of death, resides here.
- Cavern of Souls: a storage for women who were killed by the violence and ignorance of men. The well was emptied (save for one soul) to create the Amazons.
- Elysian Fields: the domain of those fallen in glorious battle. Diana Rockwell, Antiope and Hippolyta resided in this realm after dying.
- River Acheron: The river that flows straight through Hades.
- River Phlegethon: The river that flows to the Tartarus.
- River Lethe: River of Forgetfulness, ruled by the goddess Lethe.
- River Styx: the border of all the realms; all who die must pay Charon for passage.
- Tartarus: not officially a part of Hades, but still ruled by the God of the Dead. The proverbial Hell. Those who require punishment, such as the Titans and Ixion, were incarcerated there.
- Hades (god)
- Persephone (goddess)
- Hercules (formerly)
- Hermes Psychopompus (intermittently)
- Judges of the Dead
- Titans of Myth
- The souls of the dead
- Hades is occasionally used as a family friendly term for Hell. Hades, however, is a realm for all the dead, including the good, innocent and heroic. Only Tartarus qualifies as Hell.