Batman Character Guide [INTERACTIVE]
Do you like this video?
Points of Interest
It is separated into several realms, which can be accessed by portals (such as Doom's Doorway) or at the will of an Olympian:
- Asphodel Meadows: A vast flowering field that souls find after crossing the River Styx and before meeting the Three Judges of the Dead. Thanatos, the personification of death, resides here.
- Cavern of Souls: a storage for women who were killed by the violence and ignorance of men. The well was emptied (save for one soul) to create the Amazons.
- Elysian Fields: the domain of those fallen in glorious battle. Diana Rockwell, Antiope and Hippolyta resided in this realm after dying.
- River Acheron: The river that flows straight through Hades.
- River Phlegethon: The river that flows to the Tartarus.
- River Lethe: River of Forgetfulness, ruled by the goddess Lethe.
- River Styx: the border of all the realms; all who die must pay Charon for passage.
- Tartarus: not officially a part of Hades, but still ruled by the God of the Dead. The proverbial Hell. Those who require punishment, such as the Titans and Ixion, were incarcerated there.
- Hades (god)
- Persephone (goddess)
- Hercules (formerly)
- Hermes Psychopompus (intermittently)
- Judges of the Dead
- Titans of Myth
- The souls of the dead
- Hades is occasionally used as a family friendly term for Hell. Hades, however, is a realm for all the dead, including the good, innocent and heroic. Only Tartarus qualifies as Hell.