Haifisch was a general in the German Army during World War II. Apparently Haifisch was subjected to biological experimentation by Nazi scientists, for he possessed superhuman strength. General Haifisch underwent special training supervised by Adolf Hitler himself, and has been called the "model soldier" of the Third Reich. Trained as a "killing machine," Haifisch was code-named "Killer Shark."
While carrying out Hitler's assignment to capture a town on the French-Belgian border that had so far resisted takeover, Killer Shark and his men captured the Blackhawks except for Blackhawk himself. The absent leader caught up with Killer Shark's submarine in which the Blackhawks were being transported, and fought Killer Shark atop the submarine after it surfaced. Haifisch was knocked into the water, where he apparently drowned. But it later revealed that Haifisch survived and would frequently bedeviled the Blackhawks.
Holy anachronisms, Batman!
This article is in need of updated information.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 7 Appearances of Haifisch (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Haifisch (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Haifisch (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Haifisch (New Earth)