"Twilight of the Guardians, Part One: Smash and Grab": In an unknown location, in an unknown Space Sector, the Guardian Yekop is running from someone. He is then reached by this being, a Kellic, who tells him that before being a Guardian he w
- The responsibility of a universe vast and unpredictable is yours, John Stewart. In time, you may feel you are always reactive to the schemes of others. Sinestro. Brainiac. Old Gods. Arriving only after an evil act. You may begin to lose hope in the goodness of sentient beings. To ponder if there is a way to stop all evil from ever happening at all. I tell you now, such thoughts are the path to madness. It is the sort of pondering that drove the rest of the Guardians of the Universe to become the evil they sought to stamp out. They are dead now, victims of their own schemes. The Council of the Guardians is broken. Only Sayd and I remain. If any were to have an excuse to lose hope, it is I. Yet I am heartend. For despite all I have borne witness to in my immortal life...the death. The darkness. The evil...There is still the joy of a child taking flight for the first time.
- -- Ganthet
Appearing in "Twilight of the Guardians, Part One: Smash and Grab"
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
- Green Lantern (John Stewart)
- Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
- Guardians of the Universe
- Rami (Cameo)
- Templar Guardians
- Brainiac (Mentioned only)
- Sinestro (Mentioned only)
- Soranik Natu (Mentioned only)
- Starro (Mentioned only)
- Sector 0
- Atrium of the Guardians of the Universe
- Command Center
- Sector 3001
- Sector 3482
- Sector 2813
- Xudar (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Twilight of the Guardians, Part One: Smash and Grab"
In an unknown location, in an unknown Space Sector, the Guardian Yekop is running from someone. He is then reached by this being, a Kellic, who tells him that before being a Guardian he was only Maltusian and hits him with an unknown power.
In Space Sector 0, above the sentient planet Mogo, at the Headquarters of the Green Lantern Corps, Ganthet and Sayd are watching a new Lantern, Somar-Le, take flight. John Stewart shows up and says there's no active crisis in the universe for the Lanterns to take on. Ganthet makes a speech in which he explains to Stewart that no evil can make him lose the hope he feels when he sees a new Lantern taking flight for the first time. Stewart says he steered away from the Guardians because of what they have done in the recent past, and Ganthet admits that even immortal beings have something to learn from their mistakes. He then decides to teach the young Lantern more sophisticated uses of her Ring.
In Space Sector 3482, on planet Molta, Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner are saving the inhabitants from a lava eruption. Kyle seems to lack creativity in his constructs, so Hal asks if everything is fine. Kyle answers that he's growing tired of all the death coming from everywhere, even from the nature itself, and that he wants something more in life.
On Mogo, in the Atrium of the Guardians of the Universe, Ganthet and Sayd are teaching Somar-Le how to make more powerful constructs with her Ring. She does bring out such an energy that they consider Kilowog as a possibly better trainer than them. Suddenly, a group of villains attacks the atrium, so while the two Guardians fight back, Somar-Le is sent to find help. The counteroffensive is useless: the couple is bound with the same energy that defeated Yekop.
At the Command Center, Stewart asks for updates from Salakk, who says everything is under control, with a very bored Guy Gardner at his side. Somar-Le arrives to give the bad news, so the two Lanterns put together a strike team and call Hal and Kyle to join them, affirming that "someone took the Guardians".
In the same location from the beginning, Ganthet and Sayd find themselves trapped by the Controllers, who weren't actually extinct as they thought. Their current intent is to destroy every Guardian, and they have already put in stasis all of them.
- This book was first published on November 29, 2017.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Vol 1 33 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps series
- Images from Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps Vol 1 33