Hans Hendrickson was a member of the Blackhawk Squadron.
The eldest Blackhawk, the walrus-mustached Dutchman has seen the most combat of them all and is considered the wise old man of the group. Hans Hendrickson lived in the village of Aikmaanen, Netherlands, until 11 September 1939, when he enlisted in the Dutch army. His wife, Violet, died shortly later, when the Nazis overran Rotterdam.
Hendrickson is an expert with many weapons and a superb marksman. In the late 1960s, Hendy used his skill with weapons to briefly adopt the guise of the Weapons Master, when the team adopted "secret identities".
By the 1970s, Hendrickson's age had caught up with him and while the rest of the team still went on occasional missions, he lived in virtual retirement on Blackhawk Island. He suffered an apparent heart attack when his daughter, Elsa, appeared but was still alive when last seen.
- According to the G.E.O.R.G.E. intelligence agency, Hendrickson was blind in his right eye, and kept this fact secret for a long time.
- In ground combat, Hendrickson typically carried a Thompson submachinegun and a semiautomatic sidearm.
- This version of Hendrickson, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 163 Appearances of Hans Hendrickson (Earth-One)
- 6 Images featuring Hans Hendrickson (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Hans Hendrickson (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Hans Hendrickson (Earth-One)