Batman Character Guide [INTERACTIVE]
Do you like this video?
Hanukkah is a holiday celebrated by the Jewish people in the Hebrew month of Kislev, which is in late November through December. The cultural and religious holiday stretches across eight days of lights, feasting, and gift-giving.
- DC Special Series #21: In a cameo appearance, Colossal Boy is seen celebrating around a menorah.
- Justice League of America #188 (1981): Jean Loring invites The Atom to her friends the Solomons' for a celebration.
- Green Lantern: Mosaic #9 (1992): On the multi-cultural world of Mosaic, Green Lantern John Stewart celebrates several peoples' winter festivals, including Jews for their Hanukkah season.
- DCU Holiday Bash #1 (1997): Green Lantern Kyle Rayner investigates an anti-Semitic crime and restores his friend's synagogue just in time for the celebration of the Festival of Lights.
- Vertigo: Winter's Edge #1 (1997): In a lead-in to Minx #1, the lead character invites a non-Jewish friend to celebrate Hanukkah with her family.
- Scooby-Doo #3 (1997): Mystery Inc. investigates a ghoul who steals an electric menorah.
- 52 #33 (2007): Batwoman celebrates Hanukkah and wishes a merry Christmas to her loved ones.
- DCU Infinite Holiday Special #1 (2007): Batwoman celebrates with her family and stops some burglars.
- DC Universe Holiday Special '09 #1 (2009): Ragman visits his rabbi for inspiration.
- Gotham City Sirens #7 (2010): Harley Quinn has Catholic and Jewish ancestry, so the Quinzels celebrate Christmas and Hanukkah simultaneously.
- Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? #22 (2012): The ghost of Antiochus invades a synagogue's sleep-over and Mystery Inc. is on the case.
- DC Rebirth Holiday Special #1 (2017): Batwoman recounts the Hanukkah story like her father told her.
- Teen Titans Go! (Volume 2) #25 (2018): A time-traveling Colossal Boy educates the Titans about the meaning of the holiday.