"Happy" Terrill was a superhero in New York City, under the name The Ray, in the early 1940s. His regular job was as a reporter for the Morning Telegraph.
In 1940, Happy Terrill joined the crew of Professor Styne's experimental Strato-Balloon, and the flight was considered highly risky. The craft was caught in a cosmic storm, and Terrill was exposed to a weird haze of cosmic light. He was transformed into a shining golden figure, and empowered with the ability to transmit himself in shafts of light, along with several additional incredible abilities. Calling himself "the Ray," Terrill put his amazing powers to work at crime-fighting, search-and-rescue, and other public-spirited pursuits.
In early 1943 the Ray dropped from public view.
- Is possible that Ray's powers are derived from control over the electromagnetic spectrum, which composes the visible light.
- Electromagnetism: enough power to make a small plane go back to the ground. 
- Photokinesis: He can convert his body in light.
- Energy Absorption
- Superhuman Durability: impervious to bullets, at least low-caliber.
- This version of the Ray, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 30 Appearances of Happy Terrill (Quality Universe)
- 3 Images featuring Happy Terrill (Quality Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Happy Terrill (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: Happy Terrill (Quality Universe)