- Recently, I made a promise to myself that the next time I got a boyfriend, I'd be on the lookout for red flags. And if I saw any, I would do the healthy thing and I would murder him. And killing kids? Kind of a red flag. When your taste in men is as bad as mine, they don't just go away quietly. They slash your tires and they kill your dogs and tell you that the music you like ain't real music at all. And all the cruelty... tears you apart after a while.
- — Harley Quinn src
Doctor Harleen Frances Quinzel, better known by her alter ego Harley Quinn, is a hyperactive, fun-loving, strong, and independent criminal and a former psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum. She had a long-standing, unhealthy relationship with the Joker, which she eventually brought to an end to strike out on her own woman. She was an ally of the Birds of Prey, went on a few world-saving missions with the Suicide Squad, and formed her own mercenary business called Harley Quinn & Associate in Gotham City, alongside her protege, Cass Cain.
Harleen Quinzel was the daughter of a drunk man who abandoned her in a nunnery. Harleen was rebellious and had several behavior problems, such as hitting one of the nuns. In high school, Harleen became a model student, earning excellent grades and extensive gymnastics training. For her efforts, she was rewarded with a full scholarship to Gotham City University, where she majored in Psychiatry for her undergraduate degree.
Harleen also had several romances gone wrong. Eventually, she became a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum, and was assigned to treat the Joker. She eventually falls in love with him and becomes his lover and partner in crime as "Harley Quinn". After a murder and a car theft together with the Joker, they were chased by Batman. The car crashes and the Joker manages to escape but not Harley, after that she was arrested.
She was later transferred to Belle Reve and recruited as a member of Task Force X, by Amanda Waller. The team succeeded in at least one world-saving mission by destroying the godlike Enchantress and her brother Incubus in Midway City.
Birds of Prey
When Harley and the joker broke up, she began to be hunted by Gotham criminals, including the Black Mask, who captured her and was going to kill her until she offered to retrieve the stolen bertineli diamond. She breaks into the GCPD and finds Cassandra Cain, who had eaten the diamond. They then run away and go to Harley's apartment, who is destroyed by the black mask gang. Eventually, they team up with Dinah Lance, Helena Bertinelli and Renee Montoya to defeat the Black Mask. They are followed to the Joker's Fun House, where Dinah uses her supersonic scream and throws Harley onto the road, where she defeats some of Black Mask's men and he is killed. Afterwards, Harley and Cassandra flee and form Harley Quinn & Associate.
The Suicide Squad
Eventually, Harley was captured and detained at the Belle Reve. Amanda Waller offered her the chance to reduce her sentence again and serve the contry as a member of the New Suicide Squad. Waller decided to plant her on the Squad team sent to Corto Maltese to destroy the laboratory Jotunheim and its primary experiment, Project Starfish, which would soon be used as a weapon by the new Maltese dictator.
In a horrific possible future in which Darkseid seduced Superman with the Anti-Life Equation and decimated Earth, Harley Quinn fought alongside Batman in the Insurgency. At some point, Harley was wounded and died in Batman's arms; as she died, she requested that Batman kill the Joker slowly if the two ever met again.
Batman would later recount this tale when he formed an alliance with the Joker, telling the Joker that he intended to honor Harley's request. The Joker was briefly disturbed, but then laughed it off as merely a bluff.
Powers and Abilities
- Cosmic Awareness: Harley has been shown a few times to be fully aware of being a fictional character, even directly talking to the audience at one point.
- Cheating Death
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Storytelling: Harley narrates her tale in Birds of Prey.
- Bat: Harley carries a baseball bat with the superscription "Good Night".
- Customized Chiappa Rhino 60DS'
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn. The original character was created by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm and first appeared in the episode "Joker's Favor" of the series Batman.
- Harley Quinn is played by Margot Robbie.
- Harleen Quinzel was born on July 20, 1990.
- Harley Quinn's Suicide Squad outfit is a combination of musician Debbie Harry and Harley's Prime Earth look. One scene of Suicide Squad also has her in her classic black-and-red suit, replicating the cover of Batman: Harley Quinn.
- Harley Quinn is bisexual.
- 5 Appearances of Harleen Quinzel (DC Extended Universe)
- 22 Images featuring Harleen Quinzel (DC Extended Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Harleen Quinzel (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Harleen Quinzel (DC Extended Universe)
Suicide Squad member