"The Trials of Harley Quinn: Metamorphosis": As revenge for interfering with Captain Triumph, the Three Fates curse Harley Quinn and she begins turning into a cockroach. Harley runs from [[Petite Tina (Prime
Synopsis for "The Trials of Harley Quinn: Metamorphosis"
As revenge for interfering with Captain Triumph, the Three Fates curse Harley Quinn and she begins turning into a cockroach. Harley runs from Tina of Apokolips and the crowds who retreat from the site of her. As she escapes, a boy throws an apple at her.
Tina hunts for what she thinks is giant vermin, but Mirand'r shows her that it is Harley that is hiding her misshapen form in a dumpster. When Harley realizes that she had overlooked Petite Tina's feelings of alienation, and that this is part of Mirand'r's test, Harley knows what she must do.
As a giant insect, Harley returns to face the crowd, who had loved her earlier, but now condemn her verminous form. When she takes their punishment and realizes that their opinions don't matter, the spell is broken. The Three Fates cannot believe that she freed herself from their spell, and vow to return.
At S.T.A.R. Labs, the next test has already started. Dark extra-dimensional creatures have materialized and wreak havoc within the lab.
Appearing in "The Trials of Harley Quinn: Metamorphosis"
- Harley Quinn (Flashback and main story)
- Captain Triumph (Mentioned only)
- Granny Goodness (Mentioned only)
- Lords of Chaos (Mentioned only)
- Lords of Order (Mentioned only)
- Meredith Clatterbuck (Mentioned only)
- The Source (Mentioned only)
- Dunk Tank
- Extra-dimensional Creatures
- Harley's Challenge Belt
- This issue is based on Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis where a man who all others rely on is turned into a giant vermin. The realization that their bug-form can only eat rotten food, and the throwing of an apple, occur in both the original and this story.