"Death Becomes Harley": Harley Quinn's mom is alarmed to find out that the cancer has spread, and that her future chances are bleak. Harley rages, but her mom laughs and laughs. They reminisce about better times, and Sharon asks
Appearing in "Death Becomes Harley"
- Death (First appearance)
- Comet Witch (In a vision)
- Coney Champion (Only appearance; dies)
- Lex Luthor (In a comic book only)
- Coach (Mentioned only)
- Lords of Chaos (Mentioned only)
- Lords of Order (Mentioned only)
- Meredith Clatterbuck (Mentioned only)
- Selina Kyle (Mentioned only)
- Challenge Belt
- Harley Quinn Vol 3 64
- U.S. Postal Service Truck
Synopsis for "Death Becomes Harley"
Harley Quinn's mom is alarmed to find out that the cancer has spread, and that her future chances are bleak. Harley rages, but her mom laughs and laughs. They reminisce about better times, and Sharon asks for something to entertain her.
Harley breaks into an abandoned Kord Video store and seeks out something from happier days. Visions of Anime characters entertain her until the Comet Witch becomes Death — and he has come for Harley. As her mother did, she laughs in the face of Death, which Death finds very disturbing, and admits that he was actually there for the death of the video store. He relates that he is overworked, and clerical errors are bound to happen; though he might be seeing her again soon.
This was the fifth test, and Harley's Challenge Belt lights up with another test passed. But Mirand'r begs the Lords of Chaos and Order to release Harley from the obligation for the sixth test — it may be the one to break Harley Quinn!
In the Coney Island Hospital, Harley's mom is in a coma, and Harley can do nothing but read to her still mother from the next issue of Harley Quinn, called Year of the Villain. Apex Lex appears before the cartoon Harley, and prepares to explain the offer but Harley already knows, and demands that he get on with it.
- No special notes.
- Harley's mom tries to tell a joke involving the tragic clown Pagliacci; which is a reference to the joke told by the Watchmen's Rorschach in Watchmen #2.
- Discuss Harley Quinn Vol 3 63 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Harley Quinn series
- Images from Harley Quinn Vol 3 63