Harold "Hal" Jordan is the son of the original Air Wave.
The son of Larry and Helen Jordan, Hal was named after his cousin, Hal Jordan. After the death of his father and nervous breakdown of his mother, he moved in with his cousin, Dallas DA Jack Jordan and his wife Jan. He inherited his father's equipment and became a superhero himself. His neighbor Karen Peterson discovered his secret early on and helped him.
Simon LaGrieve recruited him for the Captains of Industry, a small task force for the Institute of Metahuman Studies. He changed his name to Maser and adopted a new costume. After missions against Catalyst and Kobra, he was saved by the JSA and joined their reserves, returning to the name Air Wave with a new costume. He perished during the Infinite Crisis.
Powers and Abilities
- Transformation: Jordan had the ability to transmute himself into any form of energy, which allowed him to become and track different energy forms, including, but not limited to: radio waves, microwaves, electricity, cosmic energy and different forms of radiation.
Although he initially relied upon technology created by his late father and housed in his uniform to control his powers, Jordan at some point no longer needed them.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 59 Appearances of Harold Jordan (New Earth)
- 19 Images featuring Harold Jordan (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Harold Jordan (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Harold Jordan (New Earth)
- Air Wave at Wikipedia
Justice Society of America member
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."