Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Harvey Bullock was a detective in the Gotham City Police Department. Despite their different methods, he is a good friend and ally of Jim Gordon, and filled his place as Commissioner when he went missing. He wound up resigning from the force due to a difference in priorities with the Gotham City mayor during the events of The Joker War.
Powers and Abilities
- Harvey Bullock was created by Archie Goodwin and Howard Chaykin, first appearing in Detective Comics #441 as "Lt. Bullock". However, Harvey Bullock was not fully developed until Batman #361 by writer Doug Moench and artist Don Newton. In the Prime Earth continuity Harvey Bullock first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Detective Comics (Volume 2) #1 by Tony S. Daniel.
- 157 Appearances of Harvey Bullock (Prime Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Harvey Bullock (Prime Earth)
- 11 Quotations by or about Harvey Bullock (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Harvey Bullock (Prime Earth)
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.