He was born in Atlantis several years after his brothers Kraken and Atlan. King Honsu and Kraken were great warriors, while Haumond was more peaceful. However, Haumond accompanied their father on Atlantis' conquest of the surface world.
When atlantean warriors failed to conquer Egypt, Haumond was left behind and thought dead. Haumond was brought before Ramses, who revealed that he was actually a descendant of the original atlantean explorers sent out by Orin I.
In Athens, Honsu challenged the Greeks to send their greatest warrior against his son, Kraken. Kraken was killed by the Athenian champion—who turned out to be Haumond. As Atlan's sorcerous powers grew, he gave Haumond a potion which allowed him to live on land longer than other Atlanteans and extended his life span. However, after centuries, he ceased taking the potions. In Egypt, Haumond became a priest and told Solon (the Athenian stateman) the ancient story of Atlantis. After his death, Atlan released Haumond's body back to the ocean, where he belonged.
- Atlantean Biological Adaptation: Haumond was born with the ability to endure the pressures of the deep.
- Amphibious: Haumond was born with the ability to breathe underwater and survive the increased pressure of the ocean depths.
Atlantean royal armor, Athenian Hoplite armor
When he killed his own brother Kraken, he was carrying a sword (as a part of his Greek armor)
- 3 Appearances of Haumond (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Haumond (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Haumond (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Haumond (New Earth)
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.