"The Lionmane Diversion!": At a Museum Board of Directors Meeting to discuss the difficulty of having two super-heroes as curators, Mavis Trent's father enters to accuse the Halls of being derelict in providing for the safety of those around them, a criticism the couple later considers to have s
- You don't understand! I can't control Lionmane! He's a man-killer!
Appearing in "The Lionmane Diversion!"
- Hawkman also (In dream sequence only) and (Flashback and main story)
- Lion-Mane also (In dream sequence only) and (Flashback and main story)
- Darkwing (Disguised as Mr. Glendon)
- Corla Tavo (Disguised as Coral Shilak)
- Joe Tracy
- Two members (Unnamed) (Only appearance; dies)
- Thanagarian Infiltrators
- Captain Jerry Olcott (Crossdressed) and (First appearance as Harpy)
- Ames (First appearance)
- Walters (First appearance)
- Midway City Museum Board of Directors
- Other Members (Unnamed)
- Indiana Jones (Mentioned only)
- Gerald Trent (Spelled Jerald in the previous issue)
- Zatanna (Mentioned only)
- Gentleman Ghost (In a vision)
- Moons of Thanagar (Mentioned only)
- Absorbascon (Mentioned only)
- Mithra Meteorite (Flashback and main story)
- Nth Metal
- Anti-Gravity Belt
- Hawkman's Katars (a hand gripped weapon with a blade above the knuckles) (In dream sequence only)
- Hawkman's Spear
- Hawkwoman's Net
- George Emmett's Walking Cane (that emitted gas)
Synopsis for "The Lionmane Diversion!"
At a Museum Board of Directors Meeting to discuss the difficulty of having two super-heroes as curators, Mavis Trent's father enters to accuse the Halls of being derelict in providing for the safety of those around them, a criticism the couple later considers to have some merit. Meanwhile, the Thanagarians have planned to have Ed Dawson again become Lionmane. Corla is selected to lure him into touching the Mithra meteorite, but is critically wounded by Lionmane seconds after his transformation. During Hawkman and Hawkwoman's attempts to corral their old friend, Lionmane plunges a lance into Katar's chest, while at the same time, in the board room, Thanagarian agents kidnap George Emmett.
- A Hawkman and Hawkwoman supporter had a sign with "Free the Kirby 8000!" on it.
- In Hawkman (Volume 2) #4 Gerald Trent's first name was spelled Jerald.
- Gerald Trent owns the Midway Globe and over two dozen other newspapers.
- The letter column's name is changed from Hawkman to 'Pinions.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Hawkman Vol 2 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Hawkman series