Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Headhunter was an assassin who killed for the highest bidder, often with many casualties. During one of his contracts, he killed an innocent civilian named Lloyd McGinn. It so happened that he was the father of Alec Holland who became the Swamp Thing. Swamp Thing, hearing about this, asks Batman to help him capture Headhunter, however, when they finally catch him, Swamp Thing is unable to control himself and grows a tree out of Headhunter's chest, killing him much to Batman's chagrin. However, before he can do anything, Swamp Thing leaves through The Green.
- Headhunter was created by Jim Aparo and Doug Moench, first appearing in Batman #487. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Headhunter first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batman (Volume 3) #23 by Tom King and Mitch Gerads.
- Headhunter first appeared as an illusion in Grayson Annual #1, before making his physical debut in Batman (Volume 3) #23.
- 2 Appearances of Headhunter (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Headhunter (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Headhunter (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Headhunter (Prime Earth)