Heatstroke was a young woman with fiery red hair, and the ability to project bursts of flame. She joined the super-villain team known as the Masters of Disaster where she became romantically linked with the super-villain Coldsnap. Due to the opposing nature of their powers however, the two could never be physically intimate with one another.
Heatstroke and the other Masters were hired by a woman named Mrs. Shelton. Shelton wanted revenge against the Outsider known as Black Lightning for the accidental death of her daughter, Trina. Black Lightning was actually innocent of the crime, but Heathstroke and her teammates took the job anyway and fought against Black Lightning's colleagues, the Outsiders.
She later encountered the Outsiders again, this time while under the employ of Nazi war criminal Maxwell Tremaine. Heatstroke and Coldsnap discovered a power converter in Tremaine's "junkyard", which they believed might enable them to control their powers so they could be together. The device was destroyed however by Batman and Katana, who believed it to be a weapon. Heatstroke and the other Masters lost their battle against the Outsiders and were arrested.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- Heatstroke's given name is Joanna. Her surname is unknown.
- 24 Appearances of Heatstroke (New Earth)
- 8 Images featuring Heatstroke (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Heatstroke (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Heatstroke (New Earth)
|Outsiders Villain(s) |
This article is using a sub-standard image. The image is too small, of poor quality, bears a watermark or violates copyright law. You can help the DC Database Project by replacing the offending image with a higher quality scan.