Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Henri Ducard was a skilled assassin wanted in many countries.
His main talent was in "manhunting": Finding (and killing) assassination targets who are in hiding or have fled. Upon meeting Felicity Strode (an assassin hired to kill him, although she kept that a secret), the two fell in love and married, having a child named Morgan. Though he was away often, Henri tried to teach Morgan as much as he could about the family trade.
Upon returning home after one trip, Henri discovered Morgan had killed Felicity. Henri learned about his wife's past and that she had recently been discovered by her original employers and was being pressured into killing him, which is why Morgan killed her. Henri chose to take Morgan with him and train him formally in the ways of assassination.
- Henri Ducard was created by Sam Hamm and Denys Cowan, first appearing in Detective Comics #599. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Henri Ducard first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Batman and Robin (Volume 2) #5 by Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason.
- In the current day, Henri Ducard has only appeared in hallucinations, so his current whereabouts are unknown.
- 4 Appearances of Henri Ducard (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Henri Ducard (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Henri Ducard (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Henri Ducard (Prime Earth)