- I am in awe at the remarkable man that you are becoming. All the things you've achieved, and not just as The Flash, but you, Barry, your honesty, your heart. You were always a hero. [...] Barry, what I hope for you, maybe the greatest thing that a father can hope for his son, is that one day you will become a father yourself. And then you will know how much I truly love you.
- — Henry Allen src
Years ago, Henry's wife Nora was killed by the man in yellow. Being there was no evidence to prove this, Henry was named the prime suspect and sentence to life in prison, where he spent most of his son's life. He was released when Thawne, in his Harrison Wells persona had given a full confession in a video release. Realizing his son was needed as the Flash, Henry decided to set up a clinic elsewhere, but would come back when needed.
Henry was killed by Zoom in front of Barry, as a means of punishing him for the Flash's hand in stopping his army.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Flash, its tie-in comic book series, and its related television series. It is an adaptation of Henry Allen. The original character was created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in The Flash #126.
- Henry Allen was portrayed by John Wesley Shipp.
- Henry was likely named by his father, as his Earth 3 doppelganger is the speedster Jay Garrick; this implies that Jay was raised solely by his mother and was thus named by her.
- 21 Appearances of Henry Allen (Arrow)
- 2 Images featuring Henry Allen (Arrow)
- 3 Quotations by or about Henry Allen (Arrow)
- Character Gallery: Henry Allen (Arrow)