Maxi-Man was a member of the Conglomerate.
Henry Hayes, alias Maxi-Man was once an advertising executive working for a successful advertising agency. After many years loyal services he was fired, which lead to the knock on affect of his wife leaving him and taken their son with her. Henry struggled to get by that is until the Dominators detonated their gene bomb. Henry was effected and was rushed to hospital to be treated, but he was accidentally given a lethal dose of adrenaline. This affect activated his metagene granting him enhanced strength and abilities. With these new powers, Henry saw an opportunity and became a hero known as Maxi-Man.
At first, his attempts as hero were overshadowed by other professional superheroes, and he decided to move from the big city to the small town of Bailey, New Jersey. Little did he know that his bad luck would repeat there too, as Mister Miracle robs his opportunity to save the day when the bank of the town goes up in flames. Unhappy with how the New God robbed his glory, Maxi-Man declared the war on the wrongly-labeled Mister "Miraculous".
His envy led Maxi-Man to pick up a fight with Mister Miracle in front of the cameras. Mister Miracle bested in combat by dodging every attack, attracting a crowd, which lead to more embarrassment for Maxi-Man. The battle was interrupted by a woman that Maxi-Man saved previously, who's words make him realize that he was a very bad superhero. After cooling off and thinking it through, Henry Hayes moved from Bailey looking for a new town to settle in.
Claire Montgomery, a powerful businesswoman, recruited Maxi-Man to join the Conglomerate. The group serviced several corporate sponsors such as Danielle Foods, a division of LexCorp, and was led by Booster Gold.
Like many new super teams the eventually came up against the premier team of heroes the Justice League and attempted to arrest them. This is due to them violating the United Nations protocol by removing a dictator of the nation of San Sebor. Henry and the Conglomerate attacked when one of their liaisons, Thrunctuous, worked with the known criminal Hector Hammond, to create a new superhero to replace the team. Thrunctuous and the superhero, monster, both died in battle. The group survived the bad publicity but the team disbanded and many members of the teams joined the Justice League International.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Maxi-Man was superhumanly strong and could lift various tons under optimum conditions.
- Superhuman Stamina: Maxi-Man's muscles produced less fatigue toxins than the muscles of ordinary humans. He could exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue began to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Due to the increased density of his skin and muscle tissues, Maxi-Man although far from invulnerable, he was capable of withstanding impact forces and blunt trauma that would kill a normal person.
- Superhuman Speed: Maxi-Man legs muscles allow himeslf to run at incredible speeds beyond that of a normal person.
- 10 Appearances of Henry Hayes (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Henry Hayes (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Henry Hayes (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Henry Hayes (New Earth)