Brain Wave was a super-villain who used his psionic powers to fight the Justice Society of America. He was married to Merry Pemberton, and they had a child who would become his heroic successor. King was a member of the Injustice Society and later of the Secret Society of Super-Villains II. For a time, he took to projecting an illusion of a himself in a younger, taller and more handsome costumed form when in action. Henry King ultimately died protecting his son from the Ultra-Humanite. As a last redemption, Henry King also transferred all his mental powers to his son.
Henry King was resurrected to become a member of the Black Lantern Corps along with many others during Blackest Night, receiving his own power ring. Eventually, his body was destroyed by Ray Palmer of the Indigo Tribe, channeling both the green and indigo lights.
- Illusion Casting: Brain Wave could consistently change not only visual appearance of anybody or anything, but also could create illusions which affect all other senses. For example, he could create illusory fruits which could be enjoyed; creating illusory menaces with attacks which produce pain (actually causing mental damage).
- Genius Level Intellect
- Power Distribution: Henry King transferred all his mental powers to his son.
- Black Lantern Ring (Formerly)
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 54 Appearances of Henry King, Sr. (New Earth)
- 12 Images featuring Henry King, Sr. (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Henry King, Sr. (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Henry King, Sr. (New Earth)
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.
Secret Society of Super-Villains member
|Black Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Black Lantern Corps. Those who have died may wield the Black Power Ring, symbolizing their lack of both life and emotion.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Black Lantern Corps members category."