Hephaestus, whom the Romans call Vulcan, is the god of Fire and the Forge.
He is a member of the Olympians, a extra-dimensional race once worshipped as a deity by the people of Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire. He is the patron of technology, blacksmiths, craftsmen, artisans, sculptors, metals, metallurgy, fire and volcanoes. He is the son of Zeus the king of the gods and his wife Hera.
He was born on Mount Olympus but was thrown off by his mother due to his deformed features, Hephaestus lived with water nymphs near the island of Lemnos. Due to appearance in the eyes of the Olympians his father Zeus arranged a marriage with Aphrodite the goddess of love and beauty.
Hephaestus is a smith and weapons-maker, best known for creating Zeus's thunderbolts.
Hephaestus, god of fire, was an enemy of Wonder Woman and ally to Ares. He crafted the android Golden Girls, whom Diana realized were only obeying him because he had forced control over them after giving them autonomy when she accidentally freed Hesione. One of his plans with Ares involved burning hundreds of people in New York, but while he and his Golden Girls caused a lot of property damage Diana was able to keep the fatalities to a minimum. Diana's friend Julie Gabriel was the only confirmed death in Hephaestus' fiery assault, outside of the Golden Girls that were torn apart in the fight.
He crafted Wonder Woman's weapons and armor such as the Gauntlets of Atlas, the Sandals of Hermes and the Bracelets of Submission. He dislikes Ares for the war god's involvement with Aphrodite. He crafted many of the fantastic items Wonder Woman and her people use, including the Magic Sphere.
Powers and Abilities
- Immortality: Every Olympian will never age.
- Dimensional Travel: The Olympians can travel between Olympus and Earth, or send artifacts between them.
- Only the power of the Olympian Gods can destroy the Mount Olympus.
- Telepathy and Illusion Casting: Olympians can mentally communicate with their worshippers, transmitting their image at interdimensional range, and possibly can do the same to any other intelligent being.
- Pyrokinesis: Greek god of fire.
- This character is an adaptation of Hephaestus, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 34 Appearances of Hephaestus (New Earth)
- 6 Images featuring Hephaestus (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Hephaestus (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Hephaestus (New Earth)