Herman Cramer, aka the Blimp, was the overweight son of Captain Swift who could fly like his father but, as he lacked his father's speed powers, could only fly at super slow speeds — with a tail wind.
- Although this character was originally introduced as an inhabitant of DC's Pre-Crisis Earth-Twelve reality, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
The Blimp is the son of Captain Swift who is himself based on the Silver Age Flash, along with some elements of the Golden Age character Johnny Quick from the All-Star Squadron. Johnny could fly at super speed while the Blimp only hovers at very slow speeds. The Blimp inherited his father's flight power but not his super-speed and thus the Blimp only hovers and is moved by tail-winds.
- 31 Appearances of Herman Cramer (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Herman Cramer (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Herman Cramer (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Herman Cramer (New Earth)