Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Well... that could have gone better.
- -- Siren src
Usurping The Throne
Just soon after Arthur made contact with Extriax and the refugees of the other Atlantis, Hila began to impersonate Mera and proceeded to drive Arthur out of the kingdom out of rage and disgust over risking the sanctity of his & her kingdom for the sake of a bunch of motley refugee's.
- Atlantean Physiology: The Atlanteans are offshoots of humanity that are biologically adapted to the deep ocean environment. All their abilities are by-products of their bodies being adapted to survive unprotected in the tremendous pressures of the ocean depths.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Durability: Hila is able to withstand the huge pressures of deep ocean.
- Superhuman Reflexes
- Superhuman Stamina
- Enhanced Senses
- Magic: Siren is a mystic entity called a Shifter, a master of deception and illusion.
- Shape-shifting: Hila was able to make herself look exactly like her sister.
- Illusion Casting
- Hydrokinesis: Hila was not taught the secret of water bending like her sister. Instead she has been augmented through the magic of the Thule to receive hydrokinesis that rivals her sisters. She has very fine control making it take whatever shape or form she chooses, allowing her to create "hard water" objects, reshaping volumes of water into simple geometric shapes or complex forms like working hands. Hila can either increase water density within her immediate vicinity to pin a super-atlantean against a wall, or even rip ones blood right out of their bodies.
- Deception: Able to commandeer the throne of Atlantis from Arthur while convincing his people that he was a prophesied destroyer of all.
- Trident of Neptune: During her coop of Atlantis, Hila took the Trident of Neptune into her possession. When she and the Coven were defeated by Aquaman and his allies, the trident was reclaimed by the true king.(Formerly)
- Hila was created by Nick Cardy, first appearing in Aquaman #22. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Hila first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Aquaman (Volume 7) #43 by Cullen Bunn, Trevor McCarthy, and Jesús Merino.
- Siren is also known as the Queen of Atlantis, though only she calls herself that.
- 4 Appearances of Hila (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Hila (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Hila (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Hila (Prime Earth)
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of Aquaman, or members of the Aquaman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Aquaman Villains."