In 1939, a hidden Himalayan valley, containing an isolated civilization, was discovered by the American aviator and explorer Captain Desmo. Desmo's "lost world" had Himalayan crocodiles and Himalayan giant cannibals. Desmo and his assistant, using only a machine gun and an improvised sling, w
The Himalayas is a mountain range in Asia, separating the Indian Subcontinent from the Tibetan Plateau. By extension, it is also the name of the massive mountain system which includes the Karakoram, the Hindu Kush, the Toba Kakar, and a host of minor ranges extending from the Pamir Knot.
In 1939, a hidden Himalayan valley, containing an isolated civilization, was discovered by the American aviator and explorer Captain Desmo. Desmo's "lost world" had Himalayan crocodiles and Himalayan giant cannibals. Desmo and his assistant, using only a machine gun and an improvised sling, wiped out the entire tribe of "Mudas" giants.
In the late 1930s, in India, at the hidden Himalayan citadel of The Seven, two disciples of that mystic cult, young Richard Occult and Zator, confronted and defeated an extremely powerful and dangerous demonic entity called Koth.
Zhutan is a tiny kingdom in the Himalayas. It is the site of the Temple of Meshta, where adherants of the ancient eligion called Saravistraism worship Meshta, their Creator God. The sect is named for the prophet Saravistra, and preaches the Twelve Laws of Love. The temple houses the Sun Disk of Meshta, an occult artifact of incalculable power.
In 1940, in the Himalayas, there was an uprising by Morro cannibal tribesmen, in which the village of Madeira was massacred. This uprising was quashed, almost single-handedly, by roving American newsreel photographer Flash Fulton.
A tribe of Ape-Men, ten feet tall, capable of speech, lived in the Himalayas, as verified in 1940 by Professor Daniels' expedition.
In 1941, in the Himalayas, the Forbidden Temple of the Man-Eating Spider was found by the British magician Merlin, who killed everyone inside, including the spider-god Agor, and stole an extremely valuable diamond, before destroying the structure by magical means.
In 1955, in a secret, temperate, fertile valley hidden among the Himalayas, the Blackhawks destroyed a secret colony of "Super Communists".
Points of Interest
- Shadowspire: The secret base of operations for the Shadow Cabinet, the Shadowspire is a secluded Himalayan cave filled with extremely advanced machinery, and reachable only via teleportation.
- The secret temple of Ra's al Ghul's "Brotherhood of the Demon" was in the Himalayas. Ra's al Ghul had several Himalayan bases, and at least one of them contained a Lazarus Pit.
- The little-known kingdom of Tala was in the Himalayas, adjacent to a larger, more powerful, aggressive neighboring nation. The world's sole surviving True Yeti, an individual calling himself Golo, lived here until at least the late 1960s.
- Vandal Savage had a secret Himalayan base, in Nepal.
- Kobra also had at least one secret Himalayan base.
- The Manhunter Cult also had at least one secret Himalayan base.
- Grave of the Unknown Soldier of Victory
- Nanda Parbat
- American WWI-veteran Lee Travis, born circa 1902, spent "a few weeks" in Nanda Parbat during the 1920s. Time moves differently in Nanda Parbat, and when he returned to America it was several years later. In 1938, at the calendar age of 36 but physically much younger, Lee Travis, by then a newspaper publisher, adopted a secret vigilante identity as the Crimson Avenger.
- Batman has visited Nanda Parbat, and while there he learned the meditative technique for entering the state of Nirvikalpa Samadhi.
- Adventure Comics #36, Captain Desmo
- Adventure Comics #37, Captain Desmo
- More Fun Comics #15, Dr. Occult
- More Fun Comics #16, Dr. Occult
- Action Comics #9, Zatara
- Smash Comics #12, Flash Fulton
- National Comics #7, Paul Bunyan
- Hit Comics #7, Neon
- National Comics #13, Merlin
- Blackhawk #90
- Batman #232
- Black Adam: The Dark Age #1
- Hawkman #27
- JLA #85
- JSA #51
- Justice League of America #101
- Justice League of America #102
- Golden Age Secret Files and Origins #1, Crimson Avenger
- Batman #663