This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.
Homo Magi (also called Homo Magus) is a sub-race of naturally magic-wielding humans. According to Doctor Mist, the Homo Magi evolved in a parallel but separate line, alongside Homo Sapiens. Homo Magi are naturally adept at magic; since many humans possesses the Homo Magi gene because of their relationships in the distant past, these humans can learn to use indirect magic by performing rituals, but pure Homo Magi or their direct descendants can use direct magic, too.
The Homo Magi have existed for as long as the human race, but due to their special abilities, they did not expand as the Homo Sapiens did. Eventually, they started to interbreed with normal humans, resulting in many generations of Homo Magi / Homo Sapiens hybrids. As the number of pure Homo Magi dwindled, they decided to go into hiding.
Although the time of emergence in which the Homo Magi emerged is unknown, the Homo Magi has existed on Earth since the dawn of human civilization and thousands of years after the sinking of the then-most powerful civilization on Earth, Nan Mandol. Having been taught magic within the Rock of Eternity, the Homo Magi eventually found their way to Earth and spreaded their magic throughout the world. From their spread came the foundation of many civilizations, the most significant being Atlantis though others like the Empire of Kor, Mu, and others came into being.
At some point during the reign of Calculha and Dark Majistra, magic became its strongest on Earth in Atlantis. Shortly after, it was Arion's reign that made both magic and technology in sync within the content but despite its promises, it eventually fell thousands of years later under the rule of Atlan. Those who lived in Atlantis became the a splinter race adapted for the undersea descendent from the Homo Magu: Atlanteans, Xebelians, the Trench, and Idylists. Others who have managed to escape the sinking also managed to create new societies such as Skartaris, a offshoot of Atlantis that managed to salvage its advanced technologies and magic.
Powers and Abilities
- Magic: Most significantly, Homo Magi are capable of naturally possessing and manipulating magic at will, unlike ordinary humans whom require the use of other methods such as arcane items or familiars.
- Decelerated Aging: Homo Magi can live from centuries up to thousands of years.
Average Strength level
Homo Magi possess the respective strength of their particular bodily constitution and training, but can increase it through magic.
Pure Homo Magi must fall in love with Homo Sapiens at the slightest sight. 
Atmosphere: Homo Magi thrive in an oxygen/nitrogen rich atmosphere, although, if under the protection of powerful spellcraft or in possession of magical objects with protective abilities, they can live under most atmospheric conditions.
Population: Unknown, a few thousand
- Atlantis: In the DC Universe the Homo Magi apparently originated on the lost continent of Atlantis. The continent was a focal point for unharnessed magical energies (wild magic), and the local Homo Sapiens evolved into Homo Magi as a result of their exposure to these energies. Those humans who gained these inherent mystic abilities interbred for thousands of years, concentrating and strengthening the genetic predisposition. Upon the fall of Atlantis, people who carried the predisposition scattered to the four winds. Many humans today are descended from Homo magi. Homo magi are genetically compatible with normal humans, and are genetically identical to normal humans. The mysterious property that makes them homo magi is somehow "dominant" like a gene; the child of a normal human and a Homo magi will always be Homo magi. How and why this trait expresses itself the way it does has yet to be recorded. Apparently that altered Atlantean genome is the difference between Homo magi and regular human magic users. Sindella (Zatanna's mother), Arion, Atlan and Tempest are all famously powerful magic users and presumably all Homo magi. Known offspring of Homo magi are Zatanna, daughter of Sindella and the original John Zatara, and Traci Thirteen the daughter of Doctor Thirteen and an unknown female member of the Homo magi.
- Skataris: Atlantean descendant humans and Homo magi led by Lord Norrad the Younger, apparently made it all the way to the strange dimension known as Skartaris, a world of eternal sunlight. Jennifer Morgan, daughter of Travis Morgan the Warlord. is a Sorceress of Skartaris, as is Deimos, the Warlord's archenemy.
- Gemworld: The dimension where the Gemworld is located was originally owned by the Lords of Chaos. However, thousands of years ago, when magic began to drop in level on Earth due to a change in the alignment of the stars (due to a star going nova) the sorceress Citrina went there and struck a deal with the Lords of Chaos so she would be allowed to create a realm there for those wizards who wanted to emigrate from Earth. It would seem that Gemworld, like Skartaris, was colonized by Homo Magi emigrants from Earth. All of Gemworld's inhabitants can use magic, though most only at a very pedestrian level. Gemworld was the home of Amethyst, Princess of Gem World.
- Kor: Another hidden retreat of the ancient Homo magi out of Atlantis was apparently Doctor Mist's African kingdom known as Kor. Seven thousand years ago Doctor Mist, also known as Nommo, was the wizard-king of the mighty African empire of Kor, and he was the guardian and chosen disciple of the mystic Flame of Life. The Flame was coveted by a sorcerer known as Felix Faust. When Faust attempted to kill Nommo and take the Flame for himself, Nommo absorbed the Flame and used its power to hurl Felix Faust into another dimension, sadly destroying Kor in the process. In order to nurture the growth of the Homo magi and produce a candidate powerful enough to be his bride, Nommo created magical jewels known as the Stones of Life. He gave the stones to the Homo magi to aid in their growth.
- Hidden City: Led by Doctor Mist the Homo magi created a hidden retreat in the mountains of Turkey called Hidden City, out of fears their uniqueness would be absorbed and diluted by the Homo sapiens. Powered by the Medulla Jewel the City is then shifted into another dimension for protection.
- Nightshade Dimension: The Land of the Nightshades was home to Even Eden's (Nightshade) unnamed race of Homo magi exiles. Her brother, while possessed by a demon called the Incubus, killed all the former inhabitants.
- New Atlantis: Atlantean survivors of the city of Challa-Bel-Nalla, then ruled by Lord Daamon an ancestor of Deimos, formed an alliance with an alien race they called the Red-Moon Gods. These aliens provided the Atlanteans with advanced technology that Travis Morgan would later discover in New Atlantis.
- Madam Xanadu
- Doctor Mist
- Felix Faust
- Fauna Faust
- Traci 13
- Manitou Dawn
- Manitou Raven
- June Moone
- Timothy Hunter
- Morgaine Le Fay
- Sargon the Sorcerer I
- Sargon the Sorcerer II
- Doctor Mist
- Zach Zatara
- Jennifer Morgan
- Morgaine le Fey