Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Strong was declared missing, and addicted to the Alien Seaweed that caused him to violently attack, as well as kidnap, others and tie them up on his boat. After a confrontation with Harley Quinn, he managed to overcome his addiction to the substance. Afterwards, Strong returned to his home-life, and became the jovial and friendly man he once was. He remained an ally of Harley Quinn, thanking them for helping him end his addiction.
- Captain Strong was created by Cary Bates and Curt Swan, first appearing in Action Comics #421. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Captain Strong first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Harley Quinn (Volume 2) #17 by Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, and Chad Hardin.
- Horatio Strong is purposefully based on the character Popeye, the Sailor Man.
- 7 Appearances of Horatio Strong (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Horatio Strong (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Horatio Strong (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Horatio Strong (Prime Earth)