Talak sent his fiancee Shayera Hol (Hawkgirl) to study Earth's defenses. Five years later, he came with his forces under the pretense of offering to strengthen Earth's defenses against a possible Gordanian attack. In reality, though, his forces enslaved the citizens of Earth while he was planning to destroy the Earth in order to use it as a hyperspace bypass to reach the Gordanian homeworld and end the war between the two races sooner.
Shayera began to see how heartless her commander and fiancee became and, feeling guilty about betraying the Justice League, informed them about the plans, only to be branded as a traitor herself both to their own people and to Talak personally. During a battle between himself and Green Lantern, Shayera stepped in to try reasoning with Talak, but he was beyond the point of listening, brutally beating her. John then tricked Talak into destroying the force field that protected the deactivation switch. After the generator bypass was destroyed, Talak declared defeat and his forces retreated from Earth.
Upon returning to Thanagar, he discovered that the Gordanians had attacked and, with the fleets off waiting for his orders to attack the Gordainan Homeworld, the battle was over, and Thanagar had fallen. Nevertheless, Hro Talak relentlessly engaged and destroyed a dozen Gordanian Battleships. However, his entire fleet was destroyed, so he sent Paran Dul, Kragger and a few warriors to flee for safety in a scout ship. Finally, Hro Talak sacrificed himself, flying his ship on a suicide run to destroy the Gordanian flagship. His ship hit the Gordanian ship's weapons emitter just as it fired, and the resulting explosion destroyed both ships, along with the entire Gordanian fleet in orbit of the planet. Though it was a Pyrrhic victory, the Gordanians won; the Thanagarians had lost.
- Aviation: Hro outmaneuvered multiple enemy ships while leading his troops into space battles.
- Leadership: Hro was able to lead his ships into many battles, both in earth space as well as against the Gordanians.
- Tactical Analysis: Hro destroyed twelve Gordanian ships with just his one battle ship.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DCAU and is an adaptation of Hawkman. The original character was created by Gardner Fox and Joe Kubert and first appeared in The Brave and the Bold #34.
- Hro Talak was voiced by Victor Rivers, who, as a leading crusader against domestic violence, felt uncomfortable doing the scenes where Hro was beating Hawkgirl.
- Hro Talak is an anagram of the Silver Age Hawkman's name Katar Hol.
- Hro Talak is also known as General Talak.
- 6 Appearances of Hro Talak (DCAU)
- 1 Images featuring Hro Talak (DCAU)
- Quotations by or about Hro Talak (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Hro Talak (DCAU)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Hawkman and Hawkgirl Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization, is or was primarily an enemy of the Hawkman, or his associates Hawkgirl and Hawkwoman. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Hawkman Villains category."