After several unsatisfying confrontations with Superman, Bizarro abandoned Earth and forged a new world for himself. Using the Duplicator Ray, Bizarro populated the planet with imperfect duplicates of both himself and Lois Lane. There, they raised a family of Bizarro children, and attempted to eke out an existence for themselves, which proved to be a pastiche of Superman's life back on Earth. Because of this, Bizarro is Htrae's most prominent man, who has renamed himself "Bizarro #1" to segregate his name from Htrae's race, also called Bizarro, and Bizarro Lois Lane is Htrae's most prominent woman.
The Bizarros try to live their backwards lives as opposite of Earth as possible: a Bizarro salesman sold Bizarro bonds that were "guaranteed to lose money for you", and the mayor of Mutropolis asks Bizarro to investigate a crime because he is "stupider than the entire Bizarro police force put together", which Bizarro interpreted (correctly) as the greatest praise a Bizarro can receive on Htrae.
The Bizarro World is populated with Bizarro versions of Superman's friends and co-workers, such as Bizarro Perry White and Bizarro Jimmy Olsen. Bizarro World also has its own version of the Justice League, known as the Bizarro Justice League.
Other famous humans had been managed to be cloned by Bizarro and given life on Htrae, such as Marilyn Monroe. Like her Earth counterpart, the Bizarro Marilyn is admired by many of the Bizarro men, as most consider her "the ugliest woman on Htrae", which is a high compliment for Htrae females.
- garbage collectors bring garbage to homes.
- Bizarro females swim in evening gowns.
- "Scram" mats in front of each door.
- "Wild West Slowest Gun", certainly a blockbuster.
- kids are rewarded by being pesky.
- Circus clowns make you cry.
- Cats chase dogs.
- Scientists launch rockets into the ground.
- Girls play football and men play hop-scotch.
- The bosses do the work instead of the workers.
- Mount Everest is the smallest mountain.
- Junk is valuable.
- Striking bowling means lose.
- All holidays are misplaced.
- Alarm clocks are used to sleep instead wake up.
- Bizarros light candles on their birthdays instead of blowing them out and giving gifts instead of receiving them
- Bizarro children give snakes to their teachers instead of apples.
- Round is square, and vice-versa.
- Automobile tires are square.
- Green light means stop; red light means go.
- The love of a woman for his husband is expressed throwing things on him.
- Entrances are exits; and vice-versa.
- You can mess your car with muddy water in a car wash.
- Upright Tower of Pisa.
- Bizarros brush their teeth with shoe-polish and polish their shoes with toothpaste.
- Bizarros eat dinner upon awakening.
- They plant weeds instead of flowers.
- A zig-zag road is considered a short cut.
Points of Interest
- The planet's name, Htrae, is actually Earth spelled backwards.
- Unlike conventional planets, Htrae is not spherical in shape, but cube-shaped. In the Earth-One timeline, this is due to Superman terraforming the planet to his counterpart's liking.
- One possible future in the Earth-One universe showed Htrae being transformed from a cube-shaped world into an ovoid one by a burst of cosmic radiation. This radiation also decimated the Bizarro population and mutated the rest, giving them individuality, normal human features, sane minds, and powers of teleportation. In this future, Htrae would be known as Orr, with a capital city of Azib, and much of the planet's past would be lost to the ex-Bizarro humanoids, leading them to mistake Superman and Batman for the founders of their race. The destruction of Htrae in the Earth-One timeline precludes this from being the actual fate of the Bizarro World, however.
- Another future timeline of the Earth-One universe depicted Htrae as still being present and intact well into the 30th Century, with its own counterpart to the Legion of Super-Heroes called the Legion of Stupor-Bizarros. Like the future where Htrae becomes Orr and the Bizarros become advanced quasi-humans with teleportation powers, this is precluded from being the actual future of the Earth-One timeline by the annihilation of Htrae in the 20th century.