The Mummy was an enemy of Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt.
Scientist, Hugo Drummond, theorized that the Egyptians placed living slaves in suspended animation to be revived later. He managed to acquire one of these slave mummies. Drummond was able to physically revive the mummy; unfortunately, the mummy had no awareness. Drummond thought he could reach into the mummy's mind and trigger something to awaken it. Instead, his mind entered the mummy and the empty mind of the mummy entered his body. Calling himself the Mummy and armed with memories of ancient Egypt, Drummond began looting the city. He attracted the attention of Thunderbolt when he kidnapped other scientists who had mocked his theories. Thunderbolt tracked and freed the scientists but ran afoul of the Mummy. The two battled on the top of the Mummy's armory. Thunderbolt defeated the Mummy when he knocked the Mummy off the roof into the moat below. No sign of the Mummy's body was ever found but the police did locate the mindless body of Drummond in the wreckage of the armory.
- This character is not to be confused with British literary character Hugh "Bulldog" Drummond.
- This version of Hugo Drummond (Earth-Four), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Hugo Drummond (Earth-Four)
- 1 Images featuring Hugo Drummond (Earth-Four)
- Quotations by or about Hugo Drummond (Earth-Four)
- Character Gallery: Hugo Drummond (Earth-Four)