He used to work in a resort run by Roland Daggett in which he operated a business based in blackmail. Strange developed a machine that allowed him to see people's most inner, dark and personal secrets and record them in video. He would blackmail the people in order to prevent him from spreading the video. When Bruce Wayne went to the resort, Strange used his machine on him and discovered that Bruce Wayne was Batman. Strange decided to auction that tape among three of Batman's greatest foes; Joker; Penguin and Two-Face. His plans were ruined by Batman and he was placed under police custody. His claims of Batman's identity were denied when Bruce Wayne and Batman appeared in the same place at the same time.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe franchise and is an adaptation of Hugo Strange. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Detective Comics #36.
- Hugo Strange was voiced by Ray Buktenica.
- 7 Appearances of Hugo Strange (DCAU)
- 3 Images featuring Hugo Strange (DCAU)
- 2 Quotations by or about Hugo Strange (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Hugo Strange (DCAU)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."