"Plaster Saints": Detectives Fiorello and O'Shea investigate vandalism at a local hospital. The administrative staff tells them that several units of plasma have been stolen and that she suspects one of their interns, Teresa, of being involved in the crime somehow. [[Helena Bertinelli (New Earth
- She gains her power by creating a new identity -- and so do I. She has her tricks for making her clients behold her with awe... inspire fear in those around her... and I'm not so different... not so different at all...
Appearing in "Plaster Saints"
- The Huntress (Flashback and main story)
- Jade Phantoms (First appearance) (Cameo)
- La Bruja (First appearance)
- Stefano Mandragora
- Vince Panetti (Flashback only)
- Teresa Ramos
Synopsis for "Plaster Saints"
Detectives Fiorello and O'Shea investigate vandalism at a local hospital. The administrative staff tells them that several units of plasma have been stolen and that she suspects one of their interns, Teresa, of being involved in the crime somehow. The Huntress is present and overhears the conversation. She learns that Teresa is connected to an alleged "witch" who operates a nearby shop called Botanica de Natividad.
The following evening, Helena decides to visit Botanica de Natividad in her civilian guise. She speaks with the proprietor, La Bruja, who quickly determines that Helena is more than what she seems. La Bruja shows Helena her true form -- that of an aged, yet powerful crone. The surrounding environment transforms into a bizarre, dream-like vision. The imagery quickly recedes, and La Bruja tells Helena that she thinks they can help one another. Her power and faith are beyond that of the mere "plaster saints" of her contemporaries. She wishes to help the abused and neglected women of the city, and suspects that Helena wishes to do the same. She offers her not only a truce, but a partnership. Helena doesn't know what to make of the woman, but agrees to consider her proposal.
Helena then adopts the guise of Helen Goldberg, an associate of the mayor. She goes to police headquarters and tells detectives Fiorello and O'Shea that she is taking the suspect, Teresa, into custody, citing that the mayor has demonstrated a personal interest in this case.
Later that evening, the true party responsible for the hospital break-in -- Omerta the Silencer -- returns to the secret hideout of his employer, Stefano Mandragora. He hands him a stolen item wrapped in linen and Mandragora promptly places it inside a small safe hidden among some crates in a back room.
As they leave, members of the street gang known as the Jade Phantoms break into the building to purloin the package.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Huntress Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Huntress series
- Images from Huntress Vol 1 3
- Huntress Recommended Reading
- Wonder Woman (Volume 1): 271– #321
- Birds of Prey (Volume 1)
- Birds of Prey (Volume 2)
- Huntress: Darknight Daughter
- Huntress (Volume 1)
- Justice League International Special #2
- Huntress (Volume 2)
- Huntress: Year One (Volume 1)
- Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood (Volume 1)
- Batman: Huntress & Spoiler #1
- Nightwing/Huntress (Volume 1)
- Robin III (Volume 1)
- Huntress (Volume 3)